shopping close to dock

Happy Weekend Fellow Cruisers,

Just checking in to see how close the shopping is to the dock in Phillipsburg? We have decided to take the Lord Sheffield excursion which runs from 11-3, so I'm hoping we can just walk to the shopping area from the dock. Or will we have to take a taxi?

Isn't it amazing how you can get a year's worth of excitement out of a 1 week cruise?

Caribbean Crazy;)

There is limited shopping at the Port, itself, but shopping downtown is a 20 minute or so walk away from the cruise pier or a few minutes on the water taxi.

I believe that the Lord Sheffield excursion departs from the Bobby's Marina area, and that is about half way into town.

Check out my annotated photo of Great Bay to get a feel for where things are.

Have the tour drop you off in the shopping district and then catch the water taxi or a cab to the dock area. The cost is minimal anad the shopping is enjoyable. Be sure to go to the Oldtown area and get some chocolates at the Belgian chocolate factory. There is a nice little bakery just across the way from the chocolate that is wonderful also. The Delft china shop is nice to see also.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

gtaylor,

Thanks so much for the photo. It's great. I love pictures, really helps orient me to a place.

Well, I hope you checked out the rest of the pictures in my 'bucket'. Lots of shots of St. Maarten.

Archived