Which St Kitts beach?????

PH8

We are coming to St Kitts next month....rather than do the sightseeing scene,we are thinking about just going to a beach.

Would like a nice beach with food and drink facilities??? Which would you suggest???? We'll have to get to it via taxi...we wont be driving...................

I would recommend South Friar's Bay as the first choice and South Frigate Bay and as the second. Both of thes beaches are on the Caribbean side and offer watersports and have beach bars. Cockleshell Bay beach (also on the caribbean side) is also a nice beach but it is right over at the south east end of St Kitts. There's also a beach bar at Cockleshell. Turtle Beach is also over at the end of the Peninsula but the beach faces the Atlantic, so it is not the best for swimming. Snorkelling is offered there and Turtle Beach Bar and restaurant is there. If you are looking for a good swim, Turtle beach is not the ideal beach for this. If you just want to relax you may be able to. But this is a spot where many tourists from the Cruise ships on island tours frequent because there will see monkeys around.

I don't know if you would be interested in a beach and snorkelling tour with Royston Stevens of Royston Tours. You can read more about what he offers at

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-adventure-with-royston-tours.html. You may also wish to check out other tour offerings at http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-nevis-adventures.html.

Amicia Mussenden

Your St Kitts and Nevis Guide

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

south friar's! was not crowded at all. the sand was dark yet soft (volcanic ash). we could see nevis! our taxi dropped us off and a man named money running the bar, yup a bar right on the beach, charged us 10$ for 1/2 day. that included chairs, and umbrella. you can opt not to rent .

loved st kitts, VERY quiet island. no one bothered us at all. no natives selling wares on the beach. just relax.

kerri

from cape cod

There are no hotels at South Friars Bay. At South Frigate Bay Beach there is Timothy Beach Hotel at the eastern end of the beach. Other hotels located close by within walking distance include Frigate By Resort, Sugar Bay Club, The Marriott, and the Angelus. Sugar Bay Club, The Marriott, and the Angelus are located on North Frigate Bay Beach.

Amicia Mussenden

Your Online Guide to St Kitts and Nevis

I second South Friar's! I was there a couple of years ago, and it's still one of my favorite beaches. Soft sand, gorgeous clear water. No resorts, but that's part of the beauty of the beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas, and lots of choices for lunch. Our taxi driver waited for us. There were a lot of taxis there, but I think they were doing the same as ours... but, they were mainly with cruise ship passengers, so I doubt you'd have trouble finding one back to the peir.

Turtle Beach is also over at the end of the Peninsula but the beach faces the Atlantic, so it is not the best for swimming. Snorkelling is offered there and Turtle Beach Bar and restaurant is there. If you are looking for a good swim, Turtle beach is not the ideal beach for this. If you just want to relax you may be able to. But this is a spot where many tourists from the Cruise ships on island tours frequent because there will see monkeys around.

Amicia Mussenden

Your St Kitts and Nevis Guide

I agree with Amicia's post regarding Turtle Beach. We took a land tour and the only part of the tour that my husband and I did not like is that our guide took us to Turtle Beach to swim, which was not very nice in our opinion. It was very rocky to walk into the water (bring water shoes!), then the water was full of seaweed. We had to navigate around both rocks and seaweed to find a patch of sand to sit and enjoy the warm water. The views from this beach are amazing, so if you just want to sit in the sun, this beach is nice for that.

Hi Ambiz,

Do you know if the St. Kitts Marriott has any package for day visits from cruise ship visitors? My husband and I stopped by this hotel last year and were hoping to just spend the day using their beaches, pool, and facilities on our cruise this year. We will be in port from the Summit on March 17.

Thanks - Tracey

• 4 weeks later...

Archived