alaska cruise 2010

underwoods5

When is the best time to book a cruise to alaska for next year? Any advice on cheaper airfare?? really want to do the one way cruise w/inside passage but the airfare is so much more! also, confused which cruise line to book with? is there a big difference w/them?? the prices all seem competitive. thanks for any advice. will be looking at going around june, 2010! THANKS!:o

There is already a couple of page thread listing people who have already booked for 2010.As soon as you narrow down the cruise you really want I would book.I booked RT air FLL-Sea back in August when I thought the cost was low.The fare has gone up a hundred dollars since then.If the price of your cruise goes down most lines will honor it.

We booked our June 22nd cruise in May 2009. We booked our airfare separately by ourselves for 300pp rt from Jax to Sea which we thought was a great deal! We are flying in 3 days prior to the cruise though and staying in the Mt Rainier area for 2 days in a cabin.

you booked just a month ahead of time???? was the price still a good one?

May 2009 and June 2010 is a year and a month from each other, not a month. :) Sorry didn't specify years.

We booked on our last cruise (May 2009) to get the 100 OBC being offered. Used the early saver rate with Carnival and got a good deal while on a cruise.

There are plenty of cruise options available at this time, and certainly will continue to be, into next year. There is no need too book a year ahead, unless you want to. :)

This poster is talking about a one way cruise, not a round trip.

Look at "multi city" booking options for airfare, and not just two one way trips. Compare rates for a round trip Seattle and a one way Alaska Airline Seattle/Anchorage fare.

Sometimes one way cruises are cheaper than round trips.

There are countless "debates" on the "best time".

You need to do your homework, and educate yourself on Alaska. Head to your library, take out Alaska by Cruiseship, Fodor's Alaska, Frommer's Alaska, etc.

Look at ports, interior Alaska areas, glaciers.

It's definately more expensive to fly into one place & back out of another, as opposed to the seattle roundtrip. but i really want to see more while i'm there & the 1 way cruise either SB or NB seems to do that! Is there any difference in going SB or NB in anyone's opinion? The airfare is actually cheaper going NB than going SB, funny huh.....same places! It's only $100 difference tho, but when paying for 5 of us, it definately adds up!

Also................who is the best to book a cruise from, travelocity or go to a travel agent, or use a website such as Sam's Club???

Too much to try & figure out! I always try to analyze too much & make me get a headache!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, only 1 way trips are offered by Royal Carribbean Radiance of the Seas & Celebrity Millenium. Any opinions on these 2 ships/cruiselines? We are a pretty laid back crowd, so keeping that in mind, meaning....not much into dressing up alot!

It's definately more expensive to fly into one place & back out of another, as opposed to the seattle roundtrip. but i really want to see more while i'm there & the 1 way cruise either SB or NB seems to do that! Is there any difference in going SB or NB in anyone's opinion? The airfare is actually cheaper going NB than going SB, funny huh.....same places! It's only $100 difference tho, but when paying for 5 of us, it definately adds up!

Also................who is the best to book a cruise from, travelocity or go to a travel agent, or use a website such as Sam's Club???

Too much to try & figure out! I always try to analyze too much & make me get a headache!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, only 1 way trips are offered by Royal Carribbean Radiance of the Seas & Celebrity Millenium. Any opinions on these 2 ships/cruiselines? We are a pretty laid back crowd, so keeping that in mind, meaning....not much into dressing up alot!

If you really want to see "more", then are you also adding days for interior Alaska travel?? I highly recommend it, since you are all the way there. Take advantage. Otherwise, I don't find a lot of advantage of doing a one way, then just leaving.

Not sure of your reference, but Princess, HAL also do one way cruises. I suggest you look past the ship and at the itinerary. Do your homework, find out about the ports and what they have to offer for touring. ALL are very different and unique from each other. Look at glacier differences, time in ports.

As for northbound/southbound debate, many people prefer a southbound to get the "hectic", way too fast paced, and sometimes poorly planned interior Alaska travel done first. Frankly, my trips are NEVER like that, and they certainly do not have to be, so I give that no consideration. It is very important to some.

Southbound does a daylight transit of inside Vancouver Island, a very scenic day, which- many people completely miss and aren't interested in.

A northbound is my only recommendation if going mid-3rd week of May AND touring interior Alaska with Denali Park. Same for end of season, cruise first week of Sept, at the latest, followed by another week, with getting into Denali Park by close of shuttle buses- mid Sept.

The inside passage weather has the worse potential of the cruise season after the first week of Sept.

There are many ways to book a cruise. I book based on price only, so I use various cruise discounters, and need only a valid ticket. I always shop around.

Archived