Pack N Play/Crib they provide, is it decent?

Sara&family

We are leaving next week on Celebrity Century for 7 days in South of France and Italy.

Our son is 23 months and delayed a bit, he is teething and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.

Those of you that have had a crib provided on a cruise, was it decent? Was it a metal type crib or more of a fabric pack n play?

We travel a lot and hotel cribs have always been great expect last time we went to San Francisco we got a nasty PNP and I could not even stand to let my son touch it, let along sleep in it! Of course I put a fresh sheet down, but then he wanted to hold on to the top of it (ick) and stand up oin it and once he's up his mouth reaches the top, double ick.

Thanks in advance for your help and please throw in anything else you think we might need to know!

On Princess and Royal Caribbean we have been given the fabric style pack and play. Both times I was 'ok' with the quality and cleanliness of the units. They fold up a full size sheet and use it for the pack and play. I also added my own as it felt VERY hard. (No mattress pad or anything) Also, I fully wiped it down with clorox wipes and felt better.

This compares to one visit to a Disney moderate resort where we were given a fabric pack and play that I wouldn't even let my daughter sleep in. All the clorox wipes in the world wouldn't have helped that thing!

I'm not a germaphobe or anything, I let her go crawling around public spaces one year, and running around touching everything the next. But I do what I can, and am always ready with wipes or purell!

They're fine. If you like, wipe it down.....babies put all kinds of things in their mouths...and they live!!!! (Gasp!) A few germs are good for the immune system...it keeps it from attacking our own bodies!

Wipe it down, use it, and don't fret!

If, for some reason, you get one that is totally awful, request another! No big deal!

Great advice about just requesting another and I already have the cleaning wipes packed!

I am not a germ-a-phobe, but I was just curious because I have come across that were just ICKY like I wouldn't even want my dog using it, LOL

Thanks for your help, if there is room I will bring a quilted PNP sheet.

Archived