Golf Cozumel

We are sailing on the March 29th cruise on the Celebrity Equinox and I was thinking of playing golf here at the Cozumel country Club. Has anyone played this Nicklaus course and if so what experience can we expect?

George

Bluenosers, hate to see your inquiry go unanswered, but not many golfer on these cruises. The two most recent reviews on Trip Advisor seem pretty good. They are getting a bit stale though. If I golfed, I'd go for it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d153775-Reviews-Cozumel_Country_Club-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Thanks crewsweeper, The reviews are mixed but it is the only golf excursion on our cruise. I may look at possibly going directly to one of the courses in one of the other stops, but Grand Caymen may be the only other stop where you can golf

My wife and I played at Cozumel Country Club this past February. The course is very tight and it had a few rough spots. The greens were very smooth, true and fast. I have pics, but am unable to upload them here. If you would want, you can email me a horzangle@yahoo.com and I can send these pics. The day we were there, it was not busy with other golfers, so we had a nice, enjoyable day. It took 15-20 mins, by taxi, from the dock to the course. Our golf pro from the ship joined us on the front nine and then he joined the other foursome in our group. Just one word of warning, they said that if you ball goes into the brush, do not go in and retreive it. There is some kind of poisonous sap on the bark of the trees. I hope this helps.

David

• 3 months later...

What want to do is play golf on board ! but not in that non realistic net cage or video simulator. I have heard about an ecological golf ball with fish food inside that can be shot on the water. Anybody knows if there is any cruise with that offer?. Thanks

Archived