Cruise in January?

Hi. I am on the verge of booking a cruise as a christmas present for my husband. We love to cruise, and it has been awhile so I think he will be thrilled. I'm considering the Navigator of the Seas, a 4 day cruise to Cozumel. I'm wondering if any of you have taken this cruise OR have cruise in January. Did you like it? What can we expect? Thanks so much! :)

My husband and I usually do our "Adult Swim" cruises in January because daughter is in school. We love cruising in January. The weather is usually beautiful. We went to Coz. last January. It was great. We sailed on the Carnival legend out of Tampa. We took a snorkel/beach party excursion. It was a blast.

There were a lot of "snowbirds" from Canada. We had a great time getting to know some of them. We are sailing on X this January. We can't wait. I hope you have a great time on your cruise.:)

Linda

My sister and I both cruise together and January and February are our two favorite months to cruise. She lives in Texas and I live in Louisiana so cold weather is not a factor in choosing these months. We these months because schools are in session so we have less kids on board, it is out of Hurrican Season and it is a great way to start off a new year.

I am cruising this January, but I am going further south. I have cruised in December and February before, and I found both cruises a bit coolish. Too cold for swimming for me. Since I will be near the equator this next cruise, I doubt I will have that problem.

We always cruise in Jan/Feb. Weather is perfect. Last poster said too cool to swim????

She must be from the deep south. Check the avg. temp, its usually within 5 degrees in the caribbean all the time. Plus no storms to worry about.

We always cruise in Jan/Feb. Weather is perfect. Last poster said too cool to swim????

She must be from the deep south. Check the avg. temp, its usually within 5 degrees in the caribbean all the time. Plus no storms to worry about.

The average temps are 85-90 for the Caribbean, but on both of my winter cruises, there were winter storms-and the highs were 65, perhaps 70, no more. I would think in those temps even snowbirds from Canada would not be swimming.

My being from Georgia has nothing to do with it. I saw plenty of New Yorkers wrapped up in blankets out on the lido in February 06-because they were sea sick from the storms and needed fresh air, but found the winds hitting the lido made it too cool to sit comfortably there. I saw no one swimming. A few brave souls did get in the hot tubs.

Last year was probably our worst for January. Was cool when we left Galvaston and was pretty cooll and a little rainy. We only had one good day at sea. Thats why we are leaving from San Juan this time . We should start out in warm to hot weather.

We cruised out of Tampa last January and Tampa was quite cool. The first day at sea there was a quick rain then sunshine the rest of the day. By the time we hit the Caymans, it was beautiful and it stayed that way the rest of the cruise.

A friend just told me a horror story about her cruise in January in the W Carribean. She said the winds were really high and lots of sick people. We are set to cruise out of Tampa on 01/17/10 on the Legend. I'm hoping this was just her bad luck. Any experience?

A friend just told me a horror story about her cruise in January in the W Carribean. She said the winds were really high and lots of sick people. We are set to cruise out of Tampa on 01/17/10 on the Legend. I'm hoping this was just her bad luck. Any experience?

You really can't tell...Our smoothest cruise was during hurricane season and roughest was in May...Haven't had any bad weather on our Jan cruises.

You can't go by one person's experience.

Every cruise can be your best ....if that's your attitude and expectation:)

Mike

Archived