Kids clothes on cruise?

guk

I have just began packing for our TA cruise and as our DD is 3 it will be our first experiance with kids clubs, I have brought lots of gorgeous dresses for our DD to wear each evening but since we are on late dining we were planning on taking her to the WJ then to kids club most evenings. I just wondered how messy kids generally get at kids clubs, ie with paint, glue etc as will I be silly letting her go in her best clothes? She normally manages to keep her clothes clean at home and at preschool and she loves getting dressed up in he dresses but just wondered what others usually did with dressing their kids on an evening in regards to kids clubs?

While they won't get "dirty", the "best" clothes won't be as comfortable for play/crafts, etc... Most kids will be in their "daytime play clothes"....unless there is something special planned for them (a show, performance, etc...) that they will be taking part in.

Since you aren't planning to do the MDR with your daughter, she really won't need the dressy clothes! Of course, if it makes her happy, go for it!

Maybe bring a dress or two for formal pictures of all of you together (and of her alone) and then change her into some comfortable play clothes for the kids club. I don't think it's a matter of mess, but more a matter of her comfort with the other kids.

If you're not bringing her to the DR at all, don't take too much (and who needs to lose the packing space). Just bring a couple and pack easy play clothes for the rest.

I would always have my child change into play clothes when going back to the kid's areas. Even if they don't get glue, marker, paint or some other kind of craft remnant on them, they will be rolling around in the floor and playing at the very least.

Archived