1st cruise packing for 10yr

twinklen01

Hello- We are goin on our 1st cruise nextweek(monday)-yipeeeeeeee!

I have no clue what to pack especially for my dd10. She has a pretty dressy dress for elegant night. I bought her a lil cover jacket thingy incase MD is cold.

What should she wear on causal night to the main diningroom? Jeans or dressy pants?

pool-She has 3 bathing suits, towel, flipflops, sunscreen

day-shorts, capris, tank tops, and short sleeve blouses, tennis, flipflops

night-jeans, blouses, sweater zip up hoody

and of course under garments and P.J.s

anything else? We are going to Catalina/Ensenada on a 4 night cruise

nextweek Nov 9th-13th

not sure if the nights ont he sea will be nice or really cold. We are from So. Calif.

Thanks

Most kids will wear shorts during the day, when they're not in a bathingsuit, and slacks or sundress is fine for most dinners.

Pack as you would for any vacation....a cruise doesn't require anything special! If she's going to attend the "formal" night, pack a "party" dress of some sort.

dd will wear black shoes. For the black dress she also has a bolero- i think thats what its called lil jacket thingy. Do i have her wear tights/stocking under white or is there such a thing of nude for kids? I'm not a dress person so i hvae no clue about fashion. I'm a jean girl. Thanks

IMG_1167-1.jpg

IMG_1168-1.jpg

You said you're from So Cal so probably already know this, but I would make sure to pack cool weather clothes. We've had some pretty cold nights lately and the sea is usually even colder. Catalina seems to run a little cooler than the mainland too. Our weather has been so unpredictable, I wouldn't want you to be left with only summer-type clothes for her to wear.:)

You said you're from So Cal so probably already know this, but I would make sure to pack cool weather clothes. We've had some pretty cold nights lately and the sea is usually even colder. Catalina seems to run a little cooler than the mainland too. Our weather has been so unpredictable, I wouldn't want you to be left with only summer-type clothes for her to wear.:)

Thanks. Being my 1st cruise i want to be prepared. I know the weather in ensenada will be in the high 70's.I'm so excited!!!!!

Archived