Ben and Jerry's scoop shop - Manly Beach

monicajay

I had heard that a Ben and Jerry's scoop shop was to open near Sydney in Manly Beach in October. It doesn't seem to be open yet so they must be behind schedule.

We live in Canada but only a couple of miles from the Vermont border so we have been B. and J. fans since they first opened in Burlington.

Anybody from Down Under know what is going on and if they have a Grand Opening date fixed yet? :confused:

I had heard that a Ben and Jerry's scoop shop was to open near Sydney in Manly Beach in October. It doesn't seem to be open yet so they must be behind schedule.

We live in Canada but only a couple of miles from the Vermont border so we have been B. and J. fans since they first opened in Burlington.

Anybody from Down Under know what is going on and if they have a Grand Opening date fixed yet? :confused:

I just checked their website and it said that right now they are touring in the Melbourne area passing out free cones. They also said they would announce later the opening date of the new Ben and Jerry's in Sydney.

Jon

I just checked their website and it said that right now they are touring in the Melbourne area passing out free cones. They also said they would announce later the opening date of the new Ben and Jerry's in Sydney.

Jon

I have read this too but was hoping to find someone from OZ who might know more (ie. Sign in window with Grand Opening date). When they announced it, they were supposed to open mid-October. Needless to say that date has come and gone.

Hoping it will open while we are there, Nov.16-20th

Coluld I suggest that when you are in Sydney if you are looking for good ice cream, you try the New Zealand Ice Cream shops. It is so much better than Ben and Jerrys. It really is to die for. They are a franchise, so pretty much everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Though it's not a stand out for me - give me genuine fresh ice cream any day! - for those interested, I've found out that the official opening date at Manly is now planned to be 28/11. As a bonus, if you're in the vicinity on that day you get an ice cream free.

Archived