Live bands during the cruise?

Hello All!

We are going on our first cruise AOS, Thanksgiving week –YAY!!

I was wondering if live bands will be performing during that week. Does RC offer this and if so, how can I find out who will be available that week? We love to Salsa dance, btw.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello All!

We are going on our first cruise AOS, Thanksgiving week –YAY!!

I was wondering if live bands will be performing during that week. Does RC offer this and if so, how can I find out who will be available that week? We love to Salsa dance, btw.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Shaz

We are on the same sailing were B2B and this is the 1st week so really looking forward to a lot of Caribbean/Salsa music even though we are in our ealy 60's can still get up and do a fair bit of hip swaying.

Where is DMV

The typical live bands on an RCI ship of that class would be a reggae band that plays at the pool, a salsa/merengue etc. combo that plays in Boleros, a small combo with singer that plays here and there, a piano artist that sings and takes requests often in the Schooner Bar , a show orchestra/dance band-- usually about nine to ten pieces these days (used to be bigger.) Oh, there is often a trio of violinists that plays chamber music here and there around the ship and a DJ for the disco and some other events.

The reggae and salsa bands vary in quality. I've decided it is pretty much the luck of the draw. I hope you have good luck. I'm very particular about the quality of shipboard music.

The typical live bands on an RCI ship of that class would be a reggae band that plays at the pool, a salsa/merengue etc. combo that plays in Boleros, a small combo with singer that plays here and there, a piano artist that sings and takes requests often in the Schooner Bar , a show orchestra/dance band-- usually about nine to ten pieces these days (used to be bigger.) Oh, there is often a trio of violinists that plays chamber music here and there around the ship and a DJ for the disco and some other events.

The reggae and salsa bands vary in quality. I've decided it is pretty much the luck of the draw. I hope you have good luck. I'm very particular about the quality of shipboard music.

I'm also a bit fussy about the music, and hope that today's RCI's groups are better than the ones we experienced on our last five cruises, all with Princess ... disappointing at best, leaning toward awful. The "house orchestra" was actually a sextet, electronically enhanced.

As I remember, the quality of the musicians was far superior on RCI. We cruised on the AOS in 2002, and decided to pop in on a pre-dinner jazz performance in one of the lounges. The musicians were part of the house band ... and literally blew me away, which ain't easy, given my musical background. The pianist (of German descent, as I remember) was incredible. After the set, we talked jazz for close to an hour. Unfortunately, I misplaced his information, and doubt that he's still cruising ... but we have two RCI voyages booked, and stranger things have happened.

I'm sure you'll find something to like ... enjoy your first cruise!

YAY!! Age is nothing but a number. I bet you will be out swaying me. Well then we must meet at the Salsa lounge. ;)

DMV is short for DC, Maryland and Virginia.

Hi Shaz

We are on the same sailing were B2B and this is the 1st week so really looking forward to a lot of Caribbean/Salsa music even though we are in our ealy 60's can still get up and do a fair bit of hip swaying.

Where is DMV

WOW you are very serious about your music. I love it!! I'm hoping we luck out in the music department. Thanks for the imformative info.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to our first cruise.

I'm also a bit fussy about the music, and hope that today's RCI's groups are better than the ones we experienced on our last five cruises, all with Princess ... disappointing at best, leaning toward awful. The "house orchestra" was actually a sextet, electronically enhanced.

As I remember, the quality of the musicians was far superior on RCI. We cruised on the AOS in 2002, and decided to pop in on a pre-dinner jazz performance in one of the lounges. The musicians were part of the house band ... and literally blew me away, which ain't easy, given my musical background. The pianist (of German descent, as I remember) was incredible. After the set, we talked jazz for close to an hour. Unfortunately, I misplaced his information, and doubt that he's still cruising ... but we have two RCI voyages booked, and stranger things have happened.

I'm sure you'll find something to like ... enjoy your first cruise!

Thank you all for responding.

Archived