Anyone about to travel on the Solstice should be excited!

smitty51

My wife and I just returned from our Med cruise, and it was awesome. I have posted a review at the following link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=59410

If anyone has questions, please fire away. I must mention that Blu made upgrading to Aqua Class worth every penny!

You mentioned your balcony was spacious. Which Stateroom did you have? One on the Angle? We were in 1606 and loved the huge balcony.

Nice report. We are taking Solstice back to the U.S. on the November transatlantic. We are are tendering in Villefranche and probably using the ship's tenders, and I'm worried about the "goat pull" this is going to be to get ashore, especially after reading your report on Santorini tendering. You used commercial, larger tenders than those Solstice has.

Thanks for your review. I am sure we will enjoy Equinox just as much! So looking forward to Blu. Did you by chance have any lamb dishes?

Also, you mentioned that you enjoyed the Persian Gardens. What type of attire would be appropriate - can I go in robe & bathing suit?

Hello and thanks for this great review- as I was on the same cruise I couldn´t agree more. We did not bother to be the first to enter Santorini so we just let it go and go Tenderticket No 51- we were in the city by 3.30. By fare enough time to get the donkey ride up- great fun btw. Enough time to stroll the streets and have litte Snack and a drink. Enough time to WALK down- which was nice to watch the sun set while walking down. So if you are not on a special tour there is no need to rush.

What still was very anoying was this constant music still played in every corner of this beautyfull ship.

Greetings

Michael

Thanks for the review.

I wonder what went wrong at Santorini on your cruise? On our cruise (28 September cruise) I also queued for tender tickets for Santorini, and got a ticket for tender 0 (yes, 0!). Then when tendering began they called for passengers with tickets for tenders 0, 1 & 2, and I don't recall any problem at all. I can't remember if there was a ticket check anywhere - there may have been. I do remember that we went straight to the tender without any problems, got a seat on the open top deck deck of the tender, and sat in the sun for five minutes or so while the tender filled up. Five minutes or so after that we were ashore.

I agree that everyone going on the Solstice will have an enjoyable time. I too posted my review of the cruise

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=59406

This was our first cruise and could not have asked for better service, surroundings and, meals. This was an eyeopener for us and put us on a path to more cruises.

While reading the reviews, I do finsd it interesting that there were some folks who really did not enjoy the ship, the meals or even the amenities. I would like to know what they were expecting to be so dissapointed.

We had a standard balancony for aqua class in room 1595... still lots of space.

The lamb as nothing short of incredible.

Most people in the persian gardens were wearing robes, which are handed out the the spa desk. You might want to also wear your bathing suit to enjoy the sauna and steam room.

I do think that my wife kept the dailies... if I have time, I'll try to scan them.

About Santorini..... First, I'm ready to move there, secondly & just from my experience, for those that have yet to go there, be aware when leaving the island just about everyone waits until the last minute to use the cable cars causing a huge line & then when zero hour hits for the last tender to the ship those that are still waiting wound up using the "donkey" stairs (trail) to go back down. Could be a real adventure. :p:p:eek::eek:

This is especially a problem when more than one ship is calling.

Personally, DW & I used the donkeys up & down for 5e each way. It was a blast !!!! :D

Ziggy

Hello Tex,

yeah did it again- bad boy that I am lol.

Oh yeah, the donkey ride was a blast can not agree more. We walked back to the ship, adventurous - well yes- esp. when a hord of donkeys try to make their way in the different direction. LOL.

I guess who complains about the food on board Solstice may have a gourmet cook at home. So many options to choose from....!

Greetings

Michael

Archived