Spirit or Rhapsody to Alaska w/ 7yo. HELP!

444cruiser

Please help me decide! We are taking my DS to Alaska August 2010 and have more or less narrowed our search down to Carnival Spirit or the RC Rhapsody of the Seas. We need to go in and out of Seattle. These two ships seem to be my best option. (Not interested in NCL unless you can convince me otherwise).

The ports are the same with the exception that Carnival has a stop in Ketchikan whereas RC has that as a day at sea.

Service and good food are important to us. I'd like to see my son use the kids club, but he wasn't that interested on the Disney cruises we've been on, so what hope is there?!

Which would you do and why?

Thanks in advance!

For Alaska, a day in another port would be best....you want to see all you can, so I'd vote for going to Ketchikan! Sea days are fine, but for Alaska, it seems silly to go so far, and miss a potential port!

The food on both lines is comparable...neither are 4-star...but you won't go hungry!

Archived