Granduer Diamond Event?

39august

The last two times we've been on it it's been the 2nd formal night in the South Pacific Lounge. As for what was available, I'm not sure. Even though the invitation said smart casual since it was held between first and second seating on formal night since we don't do formal night (personal preference all our meals are in the windjammer) we decided not to go. We loved it when it was smart casual the last sea day. Even though what we had on would probably pass for smart casual, we didn't want to go with almost everyone else probably being dressed formally.

That's the Welcome Back party. I am interested in the nightly Diamond Event which was begun on all ships without a Diamond Lounge on cruises Sept.1 and after. I know Grandeur has no Concierge Lounge, but Diamonds are suppsed to have thier own dedicated nightly event.

I just returned from a 9 day cruise on Grandeur and am Diamond. The Event was held nightly in the Viking Crown Lounge all the way in the back. It was from 5 to 8:30 (I think it ended then but we had early dinner so always went in around 5.) They served wine-red or white, champagne and one night I asked if I could get a soda and the waiter said he would bring it. No munchies the first night but after that he brought in mixed nuts. Some nights there were only 4 or 5 folks in there. The most I saw was maybe 8 or 10.

You could carry the wine out if you wanted. We went in to get our wine then took it to the dining room.

I just returned from a 9 day cruise on Grandeur and am Diamond. The Event was held nightly in the Viking Crown Lounge all the way in the back. It was from 5 to 8:30 (I think it ended then but we had early dinner so always went in around 5.) They served wine-red or white, champagne and one night I asked if I could get a soda and the waiter said he would bring it. No munchies the first night but after that he brought in mixed nuts. Some nights there were only 4 or 5 folks in there. The most I saw was maybe 8 or 10.

You could carry the wine out if you wanted. We went in to get our wine then took it to the dining room.

Sweet, on Enchantment it was on the Port side of the Centrum forward. I think it'd be better in the back of the VCL. How was the cruise Dixie?

The cruise was great. We had our usual group along with some newbies. I guess there were around 30 from our Roll Call on board so we had a lot of fun.

This was our last cruise on Grandeur since it's moving down south. We've booked the Enchantment for 3/21/11.

Hope to cruise with you and your DW again someday.

• 2 weeks later...
That's the Welcome Back party. I am interested in the nightly Diamond Event which was begun on all ships without a Diamond Lounge on cruises Sept.1 and after. I know Grandeur has no Concierge Lounge, but Diamonds are suppsed to have thier own dedicated nightly event.

No CL on the Grandeur?

Are you sure? the splendour has it in the ex old card room.

We stayed in a RFS. We did have a staff member who was assigned to us to help with any needs we might have. We contacted her through the purser's desk. There was a note from her in our suite when we arrived. The suite passengers as well as the Diamond/diamond plus passengers were able to access the Diamond Event since there was no CL.

As far as suite perks we had priority tender tickets, a nice big bottle of spring water in the room, a complimentery bottle of wine which was delivered on the second day, slippers and robes for use on board, reserved seating in the lounge for all the shows (that was really nice!), a plate of fruit, cheese and crackers delivered on embarkation day and a plate of petit fours on formal night.

Archived