Oasis Coming Into Fort Lauderdale - Who's Going?

Evilblah

What time will she be arriving? I would LOVE to go watch her come "home" but we have a 5 yr old who doesn't have school that day....can't get her up before dawn for that :p.

No matter what, I will be on the 17th street bridge to catch a glimpse of her...any idea how far away from the bridge where she'll be docked? RC is usually on the other end of the port.

Hi Evil,

Oasis will not be docked right near the bridge. She will be several hundred yards away...if you look at the port everglades map, you can see where she will be. http://www.portevergladesguide.com/images/portmap_lg.gif

She will be docked at terminal 18 which is midport. There will be several other ships in port each day between November 11 and November 19, but you will have a good view of Oasis from the bridge, or even better, on the southeast corner right near the bridge.

(Hmm.. my evil plans are foiled again..) Nice observation. Looking at Terminal 18 from the bridge earlier this week it looked as if there werent any "usable" berths closer to the bridge. I remember SeaEscape docks closest to the bridge. Silly me.

i will be down there with coffee in hand havent decided as to where i might go maybe the rocks or the little neighborhood that is right there on the inlet i always go to one place to watch but im betting there will be a ton of people there already anyone want to join me out on the rocks with a nice big cup of coffee ?

I assume you are referring to the vacant lot located in H**b*r B***h, which more and more people are finding out about. I don't think the residents are going to appreciate a bunch of cars parked in their neighborhood at the crack of dawn. I would hate to be thrown out by Fort Lauderdale's finest. The rocks are the best bet.

I think with all the craziness that will be going on that morning, I'll watch her come into port from home...I'm sure all the local news will have coverage.

I'll then go for a nice walk on the 17th St bridge later on to look, I mean STARE at her.....I can't wait!!!!

Archived