New Orleans Advance Check In opinions

Chris931

We have a late flight (6 pm) on the day we disembark. We want to go to the New Orleans Museum of Art for a few hours before the airport and of course don't want to lug around all our luggage.

I found the Advance Check In service online. For $25 they will take 3 bags to the airport and then we can pick them up later..

Has anyone ever used them? Opinions? Other options?

Thanks.

Christine

• 5 years later...
We have a late flight (6 pm) on the day we disembark. We want to go to the New Orleans Museum of Art for a few hours before the airport and of course don't want to lug around all our luggage.

I found the Advance Check In service online. For $25 they will take 3 bags to the airport and then we can pick them up later..

Has anyone ever used them? Opinions? Other options?

Thanks.

Christine

Hi Christine,

Yes, my parents just used this company and they had a horrible experience. Truly, I have never encountered such an unprofessional and unhelpful company. Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars. Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company. I implore you to never, ever use them.

We used them when disembarking the ship and it worked perfectly. We ended up paying the extra money to have them deliver bags to the airport and they met us on time in the baggage claim just as promised. I would use them again, the service was very convenient.

Sounds like other poster had issues, but if you are just going to have them store your bags should be no problem.

I'm sure you are already aware that Carnival has a service where you leave your bags out the night before debarkation and they take them to the airport and check them in for you and you don't see them again until you get home. I think it's called luggage express and it's $20 per bag.

I've seen good reviews of it and it's used for flights within the USA. That might be a good option for you to check into.

• 6 months later...

Does Carnival offer luggage express in New Orleans? You leave your bags out the night before debarkation and they take them to the airport and check them in for you and you don't see them again until you get off the plane and pick up your luggage "and hope they made it". I think it's called luggage express.