Any Idea

a,j,&fam

Let me be among the first to say................

I don't really care.....at all...........:D

I'll 2nd that ;) And am certainly not going to jump thru hoops to watch that show just for that bit of trivial info that will not affect my cruising with Carnival at all. But nice of the OP to post this info to those who MAY care.

Guest bahamamama1

I never heard of this; do all the ships have Godparents ? I'm suprised there hasn't been any uprisings from religiousely offended people..

Having godparents and christening ships for safe voyages and to protect the crew has been around almost from the start of sailing itself. In places around the world the church is heavily involved in these events. I am sure someone may get there nose out of joint over it but its a long held tradition.

OBAMA......

Even though he didn't do anything to deserve it....;)

My guess is that it is John Heald.

If it was Obama i would never sail carnival again!!!

I dont think you have to worry about that. Its called "Godmother" which = female.

I told ya here first....Its Jenna Jameson! She'll be filimg her new video from her Aft raparound called " If This Boat's A'Rockin' Don't Bother Knocking...Come On In"! ;)

Doesn't it have to do with the kid who won the picture contest that was on the website? I think I remember reading about that but could be mistaken :confused:.
That was Haliee. She is the God daughter of the water slide. And her winning was kind of unfair.

Her family kept asking everyone on Carnivals forums to vote for her, and they did. Her family won a free cruise for their efforts.

That was Haliee. She is the God daughter of the water slide. And her winning was kind of unfair.

Her family kept asking everyone on Carnivals forums to vote for her, and they did. Her family won a free cruise for their efforts.

Hey this the US. We are the kings of self-promotion. Good for her.

I am a Titanic History buff and the Titanic is the only ship that did not have a Godmother nor was it christened (even though the movies shows it was). What happened was the day that it was to be christened the member of the Royal Family took sick and was not able to attend so they did not have an official christening. Every ship that has sailed since the Titanic has been Christened and has a Godmother assigned to it.

I am a Titanic History buff and the Titanic is the only ship that did not have a Godmother nor was it christened (even though the movies shows it was). What happened was the day that it was to be christened the member of the Royal Family took sick and was not able to attend so they did not have an official christening. Every ship that has sailed since the Titanic has been Christened and has a Godmother assigned to it.

As for who the Godmother is, the following names have been put out there, Katherine Zeta Jones, Rianna since she is going to be onboard doing a show, Vanessa Redgrave, and others but I forgot their names.

Archived