Live from ... Cruise Critic's Caribbean Kick-Off on Crown Princess (11/7 - 14)

Dan Askin

My mouth is watering. Only one week to go.:D:D:D

Dan, thank you so much for the tremendous effort you put forth in your posts. ;)

Hey Sparky

Did you hear about Oasis and many others being in Fort Lauderdale the same day as we arrive from our cruise .I believe it will be Oasis first real cruise ..Should be interesting at the port and airport!!!!

To the other poster YES i will write a review when we get back

Am I right BLACK FRIDAY IS NEXt week when I arrive in Florida by noon ....and shops are open late ....to my heart's content .

Where is THE closest Mall from Hyatt Place????

Does that make thanksgiving the 26?

Hey Sparky

Did you hear about Oasis and many others being in Fort Lauderdale the same day as we arrive from our cruise .I believe it will be Oasis first real cruise ..Should be interesting at the port and airport!!!!

Am I right BLACK FRIDAY IS NEXt week when I arrive in Florida by noon ....and shops are open late ....to my heart's content .

I think the closest real mall is 10-15 miles

Hey Sparky

It'll be nice to see the Oasis. From the pics I've seen, it'll be hard to miss.

If you go and do your black friday shopping, just remember to keep a little spending money for the cruise.:D

I was planning a visit to the bank today because of BLack Friday ...Yes my bank is open on SAT and very late every day ...NOW THAT"S SERVICE

I just need the name of the closest mall ...ANYBODY?????Planning to take a cab there from Hyatt Place

Besides what are CC for if I find the BARGAIN of a lifetime!!!!!?????LOL :) :) :)

WE don't have Black Friday here so I LOVE shopping in the STATES !!!!

Cannot wait for this cruise .I'm with you Sparky ...the menus posted look awesome

I loved the food on the GRAND and Sabatini's was absolutely AMAZING .The presentation and taste were UNIQUE

I hope I can convince my sister to go to both

A few more days LET THE SUN SHINE!!!!

Crown here we come!!!!

Sparky and fellow cruisers have a GREAT THANKSGIVING

Hint for juicy turkey ...put it in roasting pan on top of lots of onions ....Do not let bird touch metal

If you do not stuff bird ..I make stuffing separate ..Put onions and a few apples in cavity KEEps bird moist

I cover mine until it is cooked then uncover for colour about 20 minutes My family loves my turkey ENJOY

Michele

For anyone who is interested, I posted some pictures from this cruise as well. We had a great time and were once again impressed with Princess.

Tim

Thanks Tim for sharing your great pics! What tour did you do in Grand Cayman? We want to do the same things as well (stingrays, turtles, etc.).

Thanks.

Laura

Thanks Tim for sharing your great pics! What tour did you do in Grand Cayman? We want to do the same things as well (stingrays, turtles, etc.).

Thanks.

Laura

We booked through Captain Marvin's. DD is only 5 so the ships excursions were out, plus we wanted to go to the turtle farm. We booked the half day snorkel excursion and then did the Island Tour all through Captain Marvin's. Worked out very well. It is 2 separate tours, but just ask to do the island tour after the snorkel tour and they will accommodate you. The island tour was just DD, DW, and myself with a guide in a car and it worked out very well. At the tour office, they give you an island tour receipt as well to give to the island tour driver. She picked us up at the dock after the snorkel excursion. DD loved the turtle farm and it worked better with just the 3 of us rather than a large group. DD got to hold lots of turtles.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Tim

We booked through Captain Marvin's. DD is only 5 so the ships excursions were out, plus we wanted to go to the turtle farm. We booked the half day snorkel excursion and then did the Island Tour all through Captain Marvin's. Worked out very well. It is 2 separate tours, but just ask to do the island tour after the snorkel tour and they will accommodate you. The island tour was just DD, DW, and myself with a guide in a car and it worked out very well. At the tour office, they give you an island tour receipt as well to give to the island tour driver. She picked us up at the dock after the snorkel excursion. DD loved the turtle farm and it worked better with just the 3 of us rather than a large group. DD got to hold lots of turtles.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Tim

Thanks Tim. Actually, I have been emailing Captain Marvin's and they recommended the short snorkel excursion with the island tour. Did you have any issues tendering on time? The excursion starts at 8:30 so I just want to make sure we won't have any issues before booking. Thanks for your help!

Where do you dock in Cozumel? Trying to decide if we have time to snorkel in Chankanaab, go back to the ship and change and then shop in town? Last time I was in Cozumel we docked right by town but I think I remember reading there is a new dock now.

Thanks!

Where do you dock in Cozumel? Trying to decide if we have time to snorkel in Chankanaab, go back to the ship and change and then shop in town? Last time I was in Cozumel we docked right by town but I think I remember reading there is a new dock now.

Thanks!

We docked at the International Pier which is approx 3 miles from town & the other pier. It may depend on how many ships are in port that day (we had 5 or 6). Two were definitely docked at the pier nearer town. There were 4 at the International Pier.

Thanks Tim. Actually, I have been emailing Captain Marvin's and they recommended the short snorkel excursion with the island tour. Did you have any issues tendering on time? The excursion starts at 8:30 so I just want to make sure we won't have any issues before booking. Thanks for your help!

We did not have any issues with the tendering times getting to the excursion or back. Since we did the island tour second, we told the guide what time we wanted to be back at the pier by. I think we skipped the Tortuga rum cake place. They say be there at 8:30, but you do not leave till sometime after 9:30 if I remember correctly. The walk to the tour office is real short.

Going 12/5. Have you been able to do the Patters as yet. Would love to read them if you get the chance. Enjoyed your thread very much.

Sure, I'm going to post these one at a time, since they're rather large files (200k each). The first set of four is the Princess Patters from our final sea day; the second is from our day in Grand Cayman. You might have to be a little patient with the load time....

Sea Day, Page 1

Crown-Princess-Western-Caribbean-Patters-Sea-Day.jpg

Archived