Airport locator???

Ok all you travel gurus out there.....I used to have the name of a website where you could find alternate airports to fly into. Unfortunately I can't find it, and definitely can't remember it. Does anyone know of one? If not, does anyone know an alternate airport to Atlanta GA?

Thanks for your help!

Most of the better airline search engines have a checkbox these days that will automaticaly search alternate airports for you. My current favorite is SideStep, which integrates right into the browser, and searches for the best flights (including JetBlue and other lower-cost carriers) in a little pane on the left, while I'm reading CC in the right pane.

I was looking for some info yesterday and did my search and found this. Hope it helps http://go.americanexpress-travel.com/car/PreClosestAirport.do

Here are the results:

Closest Airports

Here are the closest airports to the city or military base you gave us. Both commercial and non-commercial airports may be included in the list.

Nearest air service found for ATLANTA,GA,US:

Airport Location Miles* Direction

ATLANTA,GA,US (ATL) 8 S

ATHENS,GA,US (AHN) 63 E

MACON,GA,US (MCN) 84 SE

COLUMBUS,GA,US (CSG) 91 S

CHATTANOOGA,TN,US (CHA) 100 NW

BIRMINGHAM,AL,US (BHM) 137 W

AUGUSTA,GA,US (AGS) 142 E

KNOXVILLE,TN,US (TYS) 144 N

GREENVILLE SPARTAN,SC,US (GSP) 147 NE

HUNTSVILLE INTL,AL,US (HSV) 150 NW

*Miles is approximate distance from city or military base

I used to have the name of a website where you could find alternate airports to fly into. Unfortunately I can't find it, and definitely can't remember it. Does anyone know of one?
You can also go to Travelocity and click on the "flights" tab. On the next page, there is a link near the bottom right hand corner that allows you to "find an airport" - that also gives you a list of closest airports to a particular place. The format of that Amex list suggests that it's driven by Travelocity's engine (fundamentally, the Sabre GDS).

Archived