Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Can anyone who has been let me know the following:

I already have put my deposit down for my family of 5 ($30 per person).

It says final payment is due 14 days prior to arrival. Do they just take it out

or do I have to e-mail again? Since I know I am going, I would just like to pay in full now while I have the money.

Has anyone done this before?

How do I find out how many is in my "Dream" group? I just e-mai them and find out so I know what final amount per person will be?

Thank you very much for all your help, especially with the final payment.

Thank you.

Can anyone who has been let me know the following:

I already have put my deposit down for my family of 5 ($30 per person).

It says final payment is due 14 days prior to arrival. Do they just take it out

or do I have to e-mail again? Since I know I am going, I would just like to pay in full now while I have the money.

Has anyone done this before?

How do I find out how many is in my "Dream" group? I just e-mai them and find out so I know what final amount per person will be?

Thank you very much for all your help, especially with the final payment.

Thank you.

For the second payment you will receive another Pay Pal request for payment (exactly as the first one) for the reminder amount. The number of the people in the group keeps changing-the more people make reservations,the less money you will pay on your final payment. That's why they wait to the last moment, so they can see how big is the group.At any moment you can e-mail them and ask how big is your group so far.Hope that helps.

Have a wonderful trip!:)

For the second payment you will receive another Pay Pal request for payment (exactly as the first one) for the reminder amount. The number of the people in the group keeps changing-the more people make reservations,the less money you will pay on your final payment. That's why they wait to the last moment, so they can see how big is the group.At any moment you can e-mail them and ask how big is your group so far.Hope that helps.

Have a wonderful trip!:)

Perfect! Thank you very much for your response!

Not sure if this testimonial has been posted elsewhere, but deserves to be heard: it was raining on our visit to Costa Maya last week (Oasis). The good folks from Maya Chan beach sent taxis for us and we arrived to learn it had been raining for 3 days straight. David and the other hosts gave everyone a Rum punch and a toast and said we could stay or they would call taxis and pay our return and refund everyone's money.

That was quite unexpected and most of us took them up on the offer. Returned home to find credit cards already fully refunded and a nice follow up email from Mark. Very classy. In case your mind isn't made up already about going to Maya Chan beach, know that you won't find more honest and accommodating folks. Already planning an October cruise with a Costa Maya stop to try it again.

Dr. Booze, I am not surprised by your story. But I wanted to tell you--you may have made a mistake by leaving. We too were there on a bad day, but we had a wonderful time anyway--the food was superb and we played games at the bar and a good time was still had by all!! LOL But yes, certainly your story is very indicative of a true customer oriented business and it is obvious they will be able to keep folks coming back!!:)

We went to Costa Maya in Dec 2005 aboard the Carnival Victory. There isn't much there. There is only one pier, and several tourist traps, bars, shops and very little eating establishments. The beaches are wonderful. It is still considered a new area, they want to make it another Cancun. We did have a good time there, went on a tour of the pyramids.

665.jpg.d346d7cdcccc3a3f3eff0e1a668f8964.jpg

PC060006.jpg.3a6f9d749e00702ab3c407dd0d270f03.jpg

PC060015.jpg.5d94c69bd81e6ab5c410d54616b886ca.jpg

PC060538.jpg.aa3dcb7337e4210ed3ec5218e8178873.jpg

PC060018.jpg.caacf731f6a6276f2c46b8cdc91de136.jpg

Dr. Booze - we were also there on that rainy day and also opted to take a taxi back to the ship. We can't say enough about the people that run Maya Chan. They are a class act. No doubt about it. We will definitely go back there if and when our next cruise takes us to Costa Maya.

If anyone is thinking about booking Maya Chan, think no more and just book it. You will not be disappointed!

One more positive for Maya chan.

What a great beach and concept. These folks do all they can to make your day perfect. great drinks, great fresh food - the fish is incredible - and beautiful scenery. Greet you with a rum punch and fruit, check often to see what else you want to drink - anything you want - chips, salsa, and guacamole brought to your private area - more if you want. Lunch and more drinks, bikes, kayaks, float chairs, great staff, snorkling - a great relaxing day.

Can't say enough good about this excursion.

Sue

Ohhh, you had me at guacamole! :p

Booking this for our August 21/10 Oasis and can't wait.

My last visit to Costa Maya involved sad ruins and fire ants, so this has GOT to be better than that! :D

Thanks to all for the info

I'm getting ready to book this for our trip next month. I've seen some prices posted here, including someone that said they booked a family of 5 for $30 each! Our group rate for 11 of us is $50+. What should I expect to pay? Should I be trying to negotiate?

With Cha-Chi re-opened by the pier (free entry), paying $600 for this beach resort is seaming a little less attractive.

I'm getting ready to book this for our trip next month. I've seen some prices posted here, including someone that said they booked a family of 5 for $30 each! Our group rate for 11 of us is $50+. What should I expect to pay? Should I be trying to negotiate?

With Cha-Chi re-opened by the pier (free entry), paying $600 for this beach resort is seaming a little less attractive.

It really depends on how you want to spend your day in Costa Maya.

(Plenty of posts describing Maya Chan)

Keep in mind that the port area is FREE & for that reason alone expect it to be very crowded & noisy. If this isn't your cup of tea, you can always head out to Majahaul with your family via an inexpensive taxi ride & claim your own little peace of paradise. The tiny places along the beach usually will require you to purchase something for the use of their lounge chairs.

They didn't say they paid $30 each. They said they placed a DEPOSIT of $30 each. I'm guessing they will also be at the $50 rate as well when it comes time for final payment.

I'm going in two weeks but I can't imagine any place being not working out to about $50/person when you factor in food and drinks at a minimum (unless you don't drink or eat and just lay on a beach).

Haven't read a bad review or anyone complaining they didn't feel the price was worth it. I'll post my own review at the end of the month.

The price they charge is extremely reasonable when you factor in a full day of sun and fun - excellent food, drinks, biking, kayaking, snorkeling, relaxing, internet and if you want a massage (extra).

Not disagreeing with you at all. Was just curious about what seemed like pricing differences.

Another thought on pricing - keep in mind when you book in a group you will get a better rate than booking it individually.

I fully understand the cost factor when you have independently a large group, the costs do add up and it is a consideration especially when budgeting, and if you've never been to a particular place and don't know if it's what you like. Mark has a 100% refund policy, if you show up and within 15 minutes to a half hour, the resort is not for you he will refund. He is very generous. I've taken two groups with me and everyone has said it was the highlight of their cruise.

- Maya Chan: After visiting Maya Chan, I feel that is has been very much over rated on the boards. We did enjoy our day, and the staff was nice, but not at all the DREAM day we were led to believe we would experience.

For the price, it can't be beat, just don't go with expectations of grandeur. I'm not saying we wouldn't do it again; it just wasn't what we thought it would be based on everything we read.

- Maya Chan: After visiting Maya Chan, I feel that is has been very much over rated on the boards. We did enjoy our day, and the staff was nice, but not at all the DREAM day we were led to believe we would experience.

For the price, it can't be beat, just don't go with expectations of grandeur. I'm not saying we wouldn't do it again; it just wasn't what we thought it would be based on everything we read.

Not quite sure what a dream day would entail. I'll admit the boards are very generous towards Maya Chan, but you're not going to find a better day in port at Costa Maya.

Archived