Best Balconies on Mariner of the Seas

vapple

Will be cruising the Mexican Riviera this coming January 2010. Never been on the Mariner. Which are the best balconies on the Mariner and why? Been told that the aft balconies aren't very private (they are open and you can be seen from above decks). Also, how does one know which specific cabins are "hump cabins?" I'd be grateful for all specific info.

Thanks!

While the balconies on the rear cabins on deck six are large enough for 2 loungers 2 chairs and 2 tables, they have a serious negative. All the smokers above throw their butts out on the steel plate that extend behind the ship and some of the butts fall into your balcony. I don't recomend rear balconies on deck 6.

Will be cruising the Mexican Riviera this coming January 2010. Never been on the Mariner. Which are the best balconies on the Mariner and why? Been told that the aft balconies aren't very private (they are open and you can be seen from above decks). Also, how does one know which specific cabins are "hump cabins?" I'd be grateful for all specific info.

Thanks!

If you haven't booked an aft already, you won't need to worry about that...as they will all be filled. Always the first to be sold. We were on Mariner in July and also had 1688, and it was a wonderful cabin. We are in 1390 coming up in February.

We have never stayed in a hump cabin, but visited a GS hump during a cabin crawl - and the view is really nice. But it was a bit breezy, which is fine in July, but wouldn't want that in January. Here is a forward view from the GS hump - I believe it was 1314: http://images51.fotki.com/v747/fileOx1m/caa39/6/963346/7797778/DSC_255.jpg

Dave

FYI,

We have JS 9628 on Mariner on 2/14. Had the same cabin on Voyager in January from Galveston. This particular JS seems a bit bigger than the average JS.

Some friends had a GS on Voyager and said, "You have just as much space as we do, it's just layed out different."

Anyway, this cabin would be a great choice, if available.

Have a great cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

If you haven't booked an aft already, you won't need to worry about that...as they will all be filled. Always the first to be sold. We were on Mariner in July and also had 1688, and it was a wonderful cabin. We are in 1390 coming up in February.

We have never stayed in a hump cabin, but visited a GS hump during a cabin crawl - and the view is really nice. But it was a bit breezy, which is fine in July, but wouldn't want that in January. Here is a forward view from the GS hump - I believe it was 1314: http://images51.fotki.com/v747/fileOx1m/caa39/6/963346/7797778/DSC_255.jpg

Dave

Yep, that view looks very familiar.........you can even wave at the guys on the bridge....:)

BTW..1314 is an Owner's Suite. There are no Grand Suites on the hump on Mariner.

I only say that because I was in this stateroom just a week ago....and I miss it....:(

We will be on our 1st Voyager Class, the Mariner on April of 2011, and booked our first Hump Cabin, #8620, and looking forward to that. Normally if on the Radiance Class we will go a D-1, but opted for a little larger balcony this time, plus the D-1's are limited on the 9th Deck.

Archived