Dining questions?

Booman14

I am sure you have answered this question a hundred times, so please forgive me, but does anyone have any idea of how Carnival decides where you are placed for dining? My wife, 2 kids and I are wanting a table by ourselves, just due to the fact that on our last cruise we were grouped up with a real freak. An idiot that like telling dirty jokes around my kids. Just got to the point where I convinced him not to return. I just don't want a repeat. Thanks so much. I did speak with the maitre d at the beginning of the cruise to see if we could be switched from a table of 8 to one with only 4. He said okay, but put us at a table with 2 men. Just need some help. Thanks....

In 3 cruises, my family has always had a table to ourselves, which I don't mind at all. Just turned out that way...I didn't request anything.

However, from reading the boards, it sounds like Carnival tries to match folks up with others that are similar....so that they would usually try to put families with young children with other families that have young children. Sounds like that didn't happen in your case, though.

Other than asking the Maitre D' to switch you to a different table if you happen to be seated with people you don't hit it off with, there isn't much else you can do. Sounds like you did that last time and didn't get much of an improvement. If that happens again, I would speak to the Maitre D' again and let him know that you are not satisfied.

As soon as you board, you can go to the dining room and find your table to see if it is a table for only your family or if you will be sharing. If it is not only for your family, I would ask the Maitre D' immediately for a change. He will be available in the dining room the afternoon of embarkation. You would still have to sit at that table the first night, but he should be able to switch you for the second night and beyond. The sooner you make a request, the more likely he will be able to honor that request for you.

Good luck! :)

Archived