Will I be able to catch my return flight?

Kelly07

Just booked the Norwegian Sky Bahama cruise for Jan 22. I see we arrive back into port at 0700 am. How long does it usually take to get off the ship and how much buffer time should I give myself to get to the Miami airport via taxi in order to catch a flight? I was thinking of catching a flight that leaves at 1210 in the afternoon? Would this be a safe move?

Thank you for all your advice!!:D

I think that a 12:10 flight is reasonable but there are those here who would disagree. While you are due to arrive at 7AM, you may be late. Disembarking can be a long process. If you are, say traveling with four children or an elderly grandmother or a disabled person--then I would play it safe and not book until mid afternoon. However--if you are flexible and can handle an issue if it occurs--then by all means, a 12:10 flight is reasonable. I would not hesitate.

yoyocruiser

You should be able to, especially if you do the self-disembark and get off the ship first.

However, be aware that there can sometimes be delays getting into port, delays with customs, traffic, etc. Have a backup plan just in case.

Our flight was for 10:45 a.m. on 11/6 from MIA. We walked off the ship with our luggage around 7:30, took a taxi, and we were at the airport by 8:05 a.m. Not sure if our experience was the norm but it worked well for us.

Our flight was for 10:45 a.m. on 11/6 from MIA. We walked off the ship with our luggage around 7:30, took a taxi, and we were at the airport by 8:05 a.m. Not sure if our experience was the norm but it worked well for us.

Our experience was the same so 12:10 should be fine.

Archived