Kindle 2 SS users

WesW

Now that the Kindle DX International version is available, do u think the larger screen size would be better? The Kindle 2 Intl is $259 and the Kindle DX Intl is $489. I'm not sure which is better value...any comments?

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Hi Jennifer - I am another Capricorn. My husband just gave me a kindle dx for my January birthday and I am loving it. It is larger than his kindle2 but not all that much heavier and I love the fact that you see more at one time without making the font tiny. The screen will also flip to read it landscape instead of portrait. I am still getting used to it and the features (like rudimentary internet browsing) but don't think I will change my mind.

• 2 months later...
........ It is larger than his kindle2 but not all that much heavier and I love the fact that you see more at one time without making the font tiny.

chicagogal, does your Kindle DX fit in your handbag? I already feel like I'm lugging the kitchen sink around in my purse, so I wouldn't want to have to "size up" if I added the Kindle DX.

chicagogal, does your Kindle DX fit in your handbag? I already feel like I'm lugging the kitchen sink around in my purse, so I wouldn't want to have to "size up" if I added the Kindle DX.

I guess that depends on the size of your handbag! :) I find it very compact and three + months later I still really LOVE it! We are leaving a week from today on our next cruise across the Atlantic and I plan to load it up with our favorite newspaper subscriptions in addition to the books I have already loaded for all those lovely sea days.

I also have a 10 inch netbook computer and they both can fit together in the one small (less than one inch thick) netbook case! (I do also have a separate Kindle case, too, though.)

Archived