Sapphire Princess - Mini Suite

diamondsparkling

Just booked a mini-suite on the Sapphire Princess. Not having been in this type of cabin before can anyone tell me what differences/perks, apart from the size, can we expect as say to a balcony cabin?
The main difference is the size of the cabin and a larger bathroom with a tub. The balcony is a bit smaller than the Caribe deck standard balcony cabins and all of the mini-suites on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered; those on Emerald deck are completely covered. As for perks, you get a glass of (cheap) champagne at sailaway. Enjoy!

FYI, there are a LOT of mini-suites on the Grand-class ships which is why they don't come with additional amenities or perks. Only the full suites have the special perks.

Here's what it says on the Princess website about stateroom amenities:

The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Waffle weave cloth bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience.

For those of you who wish to enjoy a relaxing drink in the privacy of your stateroom, bottles of liquor and stateroom bar packages are available for purchase at non-duty-free prices through room service or from designated bar locations. Click here to download our menu of offerings.

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library. Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge.

Each stateroom has other luxuries for your convenience, such as a private safe and refrigerator. In addition, each room is equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any questions. All ships are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

Enjoy your mini-suite. It is true they dont come with the perks that a full suite come with but I really enjoyed having a mini on the Sapphire in Dec 08. Some don't like the exposed balcony but I didn't even think about it. The people in the Caribe deck above me were on their balcony alot as well but I think they had better things to do and on their mind than to pay attention to what I was doing on my balcony. I actually loved the fact that the Dolphin minisuites didn't have any balconies below them and it just felt like you were suspended over the side of the ship and looking at only the lovely ocean below.

Enjoy the Sapphire. I've cruised her 3 times and really like that ship.

we had the same towels and toiltries as the regular balcony rooms. We asked our cabin steward about it and he said; "it's what you get." You will really enjoy the room and it is so nice to have a tub to shower in. The shower gel I heard is a great bubble bath too. So far mini -suite is our favorite room.

Are you sure you had the same? Whenever we've been in a mini-suite (and we've been in a mini-suite a few times on different ships, including the Sapphire) we've gotten towels with raised stripes on them. Much nicer than the 'flat' towels in regular balcony cabins. And in mini-suites you get the toiletries in bottles, instead of in paper packets.

In any case, I suppose it's possible that policy has changed since we last sailed.

Archived