In-Cabin Bar Set Up

lauraleigh9mm

beachchick: we had about 25% left and gave it to the stewards. However if we were staying over we'd have kept it, but I didn't want the hassle on the long flight home.

That's the way we usually are also. Heck, since we can no longer carry our duty free booze, I don't normally even bother with that if it'll have to go in checked baggage

• 1 month later...
I bought a bottle of Absolut for $83. Packed my bullet blender and Wyler's raspberry. Got over 40 frozen cocktails to enjoy on our aft balcony. Thanks, NCL for this great add-on. I love the bar set-up!

We loved it even better when a liter of absolut used to be only $40 each for our 2006, 2007, and 2008 NCL cruises. They more than doubled the prices in 2009. What used to be reasonable for a bottle of absolut is now a crime, given the fact that they are getting these bottles for probably about $4 each. We did not do the bar setup in 2009 due to the drastic jump in prices, and no longer will. I'd rather drink less than spend this much for a bottle of crappy absolut.

For our last Gem cruise, we ordered a bottle of scotch through the bar set up (great!). But for wine, we were told to send some to ourselves as a gift, which we did, and that was a good plan, it was waiting for us in our cabin along with the scotch. Just look for the Bon Voyage gift section on the NCL website---- it's in the "Onboard Activities" section.

Beer cannot be ordered ahead--you can purchase the buckets of beer and bring them to your room very easily.

Wine cannot be ordered ahead either. However, on day one of the cruise there is a deal where they offer certain bottles for 20% off if you purchase at least six bottles. They will put them in a bag to take to your room, or they will make out certificates for each of the wines and when you enter the dining room you can give it to your waiter and they will give you that bottle of wine.

We kept our alcohol bill down quite a bit by ordering two liters for the room, and the six bottles at the 20% discount.

yoyocruiser

When a bar set up is ordered, say gin for example, do you have to order tonic from room service or can it be brought onboard (carry on) so screeners can see the bottles of tonic. If you have to order from room service, anyone know what cans of tonic cost? Many thanks...

When a bar set up is ordered, say gin for example, do you have to order tonic from room service or can it be brought onboard (carry on) so screeners can see the bottles of tonic. If you have to order from room service, anyone know what cans of tonic cost? Many thanks...

We brought the tonic with us - just put it in our carry on in case there any questions (we weren't asked to open the bag)

The mini bar cost per can was $2.25.

Archived