In-Cabin Bar Set Up

lauraleigh9mm

That service is still available, I believe. It is not advertised, but can be done via e-mail to groupeventPearl@ncl.com . (replace "Pearl" with your ship's name.

Request a bar set up and ask for the type of liquor you want and they will respond with price and availability. The "set up" is solely a Liter bottle of liquor....no mixes, etc. are included.

I just inquired about a bar setup on the Gem by sending an email to groupeventgem@ncl.com and they got back to me pretty fast.

A bottle of Remy Martin VSOP (1L) is $82 which is actually surprisingly good considering it's $65-$70 here in NY. NCL will also provided the glasses, ice, etc. Hopefully NCL won't read this post and raise prices before I place my order. :D

Has anyone gotten a bar set up on the Pearl? Someone posted here that bar set ups were not allowed on the Pearl.

Any idea of the pricing for Chivas or Johnny Walker black, gold, green or blue?

Thanks!!

I was informed that Johnny Walker Black is not available to order on the Gem for bar setup. Not sure if they have Regal, I asked them to give me a list of scotches they offer and have not heard

back.

Rum runner is always an option if you are really particular about having Johnny Walker.

Has anyone gotten a bar set up on the Pearl? Someone posted here that bar set ups were not allowed on the Pearl.

Any idea of the pricing for Chivas or Johnny Walker black, gold, green or blue?

Thanks!!

Pearl, yes.. Pride of America, no.

I was informed that Johnny Walker Black is not available to order on the Gem for bar setup. Not sure if they have Regal, I asked them to give me a list of scotches they offer and have not heard

back.

Rum runner is always an option if you are really particular about having Johnny Walker.

The "list" was posted in another thread, but I'll post it again. Many of the NCL Event Coordinator's do not give out the list. They just ask what you want.

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

I had a bar set up on the Pearl last January. It was fantastic. The cost issue is great, but coming in to your room for the first time and seeing a nice bar set up (I had two bottles of rum ordered) was awesome. And being able to relax in your room and make a drink is just great. They keep a bucket of ice in the room at all time!

Just an FYI: There's no rule that says the liquor in the bottle you've spent a lot of money on, must only be drunk in your cabin.

I always carry a bit in a flask when going ashore on the islands in case of snake bite ;)

I always carry a snake too.

Also, can you just go to the gift shop and buy wine / champagne to take to your room?

Or do you have to go through room service??

This must be purchased through Bar/Room service. Any alcohol/wine purchaed in the gift shop will be held for you until the last evening of your cruise.

Not being especially big (in cabin) drinkers, I wish they offered pint bottles so we could get say a pint each of 2 or 3 different things

But it's good to have the setups available at all IMO

What a great idea! My DH doesn't drink, so when it's just the two of us, it makes no sense to buy a bar setup of any kind. I like a good drink and I do have extras when cruising or on another trip, but during a 7-night cruise, there's no way I would go through a liter of one specific thing. I like variety.

beachchick

What a great idea! My DH doesn't drink, so when it's just the two of us, it makes no sense to buy a bar setup of any kind. I like a good drink and I do have extras when cruising or on another trip, but during a 7-night cruise, there's no way I would go through a liter of one specific thing. I like variety.

beachchick

Wow-that's 2 good ideas I've had, and the year isn't even over ;)

beachchick

It was nice to make new friends, have them back to enjoy our aft balcony and offer them a cocktail and snacks the butler left. I even packed my blender. I make a pretty good frozen cosmo.

It was nice to make new friends, have them back to enjoy our aft balcony and offer them a cocktail and snacks the butler left. I even packed my blender. I make a pretty good frozen cosmo.

Yes, that is a good thing to do. But I never assume that we'll meet people we enjoy enough to invite "over" for cocktails (and butler-delivered yummies if we're lucky enough to be in a suite), so a bar setup is still not a good idea for us. If we're traveling with family or friends, then it's worth it to order a couple of things for everyone to share.

I wonder, can you take open leftovers with you on disembarkation? We usually have at least a few post-cruise land days booked, so it might work then. OTOH, I've not found it a problem to go to a local shop and buy a couple of small bottles of things I like for our land trips.

Wow-that's 2 good ideas I've had, and the year isn't even over ;)

Ah ha! Must be the reason you got that amazing upsell.:p Coincidentally, we had an identical upsell a couple of years back. We had a prime stern AF (moved up from a prime stern BA) and ended up with an upsell to a CV for what they originally offered to move us up to an AE. We said no to the AE and AD offers at that upsell cost, but couldn't possibly say no when they called the third time with an offer for a CV at the same upsell cost as the original AE/AD offer. I think we paid about 15% of what the actual difference in fare would have been. Incredible!

Have a wonderful Courtyard time and a fabulous cruise.:D

beachchick

I wonder, can you take open leftovers with you on disembarkation? We usually have at least a few post-cruise land days booked, so it might work then. beachchick

Yes, you can bring your leftover bottle(s) off the ship when you disembark. We did the bar setup a couple of years ago when my in-laws were traveling with us. They hardly touched the bottle of Johnny Walker Red that we got for them. And, they brought it home and finished it there.

Archived