10 Sleeps left for first time cruisers!

Betty Rizzo

Hi everyone :)

We picked up the tickets from the t/a on Saturday. Not long now till we go. Apprehensive about the standard of the ship/cabins, weather etc. :confused: but also excited because it's our first ever cruise :eek:

Anyone flying from Doncaster on 20th November?

See ya there

Betty :)

Hi Betty,

Just to help set your mind at rest there are 3 good reviews over here from people who have just returned from the 10 night cruise taking her out from Palma to the Canaries.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/search/?searchsubmit.x=65&searchsubmit.y=14&reviewcruiselineid=&reviewcruiseshipid=133&reviewdestinationid=&action=search

Berwyn

Hi everyone :)

We picked up the tickets from the t/a on Saturday. Not long now till we go. Apprehensive about the standard of the ship/cabins, weather etc. :confused: but also excited because it's our first ever cruise :eek:

Anyone flying from Doncaster on 20th November?

See ya there

Betty :)

Hi Betty, We fly from Manchester on the 20th. There is nothing to be apprehensive about, I was on this ship 4 months ago and if there were any problems I would not be going back this week.

It does "what it says on the tin". It is a very relaxed friendly ship. Sure the cabins are small and in need of a refurb, but hey, you only sleep in there. I promise you will love it.

Hi Betty and Simples and all that are going,

Have a lovely time and whatever the weather it's bound to be better than here at present.

Just got back from Huddersfield and it was awful there. We went for our son's graduation ceremony at the university.

I think we brought it back with us as it's no better here on the coast.

Berwyn

Hi Everyone

Me and my partner are flying out on the 20th to join the IE- can't wait! We haven't got our tickets, apparently some sort of Thomson cock up so we are picking them up at the airport at Manchester.

Fingers crossed for no rough seas - but what the heck- i'm sure a few drinks in the bar will sort out any sea sickness.

See you all there!

Hi Everyone

Me and my partner are flying out on the 20th to join the IE- can't wait! We haven't got our tickets, apparently some sort of Thomson cock up so we are picking them up at the airport at Manchester.

Fingers crossed for no rough seas - but what the heck- i'm sure a few drinks in the bar will sort out any sea sickness.

See you all there!

Hi Megabby

We are also going tomorrow:eek: same thing has happened to us. No tickets.

Will probably see you in the queue at the Thomsons desk at Man. airport.

Def. got fingers crossed for no rough seas will be good to leave this orrible weather behind.

Mary

Just got back(boo hoo...), had a great week, must book a holiday ASAP!

You back already Pujro? Cor that went quickly. Glad to hear you had a good time

If you're really keen to go ASAP they've got room on board for next Friday 27th £383 :-D

Berwyn

Yes, doesn't time just fly by on these trips.....would love to go again next week!

As it goes, we got a good deal. I only booked three weeks ago, cruise only and nabbed some cheap flights, bargain! Even after allowing for taxi cost it was well under Thomson package price at the time.

Anyway Berwyn, not long to your turn now!

Oh and if anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll do my best.

Yes, 3 weeks yesterday, still no tickets :(. Someone on the Christmas cruise leaving the week after us has had theirs.

How was the food? it was great last year.

Berwyn

We only went with our confirmation letter from Thomson, nothing else as we were cruise only. If the tickets don't show call them and ask for advice, they'll probably send you to the Thomson desk at the airport(assuming there is one) or maybe their nearest shop.

Food was excellent, compares very well with the other lines we've been with.

Thanks, I was wondering with Thomson's taking it over.

We're flying from Manchester, they've got a desk there

Berwyn

Thomson desk is at T2 as I recall, if your flight isn't from there you can nip accross the skywalk thingy.

Hi Pujro , can you tell me what the entertainment was like as when we were there in sept it was awful :eek: they had 1 very old time comedian some of the ships company did better

mrs.c

Well to be honest a lot of it wasn't to my taste(and that applies to cruises in general for me) but they have to try and cater for the whole range I suppose. The age range on our trip was babies to 90+!!

A few of the entertainment gang have decent voices, some of the cabaret stuff was fine. There's a few spoof shows, "Strictly", "Mr & Mrs" and so on. Of course there's the trivia quiz type stuff, and the ever present Bingo.

The worst part for me was the DJ(Adam I think). Lovely lad to chat to but just talked too much and played too little music!(not good traits for a DJ!)

I think the comic was the same one but we didn't go to his shows.

I go with an open mind and see what they throw at me! It's all a matter of taste isn't it?

Archived