Obc

jburke1566

When I booked my cruise, my TA was offering $75 of OBC with my cruise. Does anyone think I'll actually have it when I get onboard?

do you have it in writing?

Once your cruise is paid in full, I would think you'd be able to see it on your account, but I've never dealt with OBC ( unfortunately!)

I guess a call to my TA would be the smart thing to do. I'm a newbie so that's why I have to ask everything. And yes I do have it in writing and I've printed it and I'm hanging on to it. That's not much but it will get my husband about 3 buckets of beer! lol

Why would you trust your agent to book your cruise, but not give you your OBC? As a former travel agent myself I am surprised that you entrust your credit card and travel plans to someone, but don't trust them to follow through on a commitment they made you.

Well, I'm not saying that I don't "trust" my TA...I was just wondering if there might be a possible glitch between my TA and Carnival. I'm totally new to cruising and was just kind of wondering what to expect. Wondered if anyone had any experiences to share....I guess it was just a stupid question and I kind of wish I hadn't posted it now....

Don't worry, I wondered the same thing a few months ago when we cruised, as, at first it wasn't on my documents. Then about a week before we left it appeared on my documents, so I printed it and brought it along in case here was a problem. It wasn't that I thought the travel agent was "up to no good", I just worried that maybe it would slip through the cracks. I'm sure it will be fine!

Well, I'm not saying that I don't "trust" my TA...I was just wondering if there might be a possible glitch between my TA and Carnival. I'm totally new to cruising and was just kind of wondering what to expect. Wondered if anyone had any experiences to share....I guess it was just a stupid question and I kind of wish I hadn't posted it now....

Not a stupid question. I wondered how it worked too and if it would be confusing to see if it actually made it to my on board account etc. I think many don't like to pose questions as the tones her are often so condesending.

So to answer your question, now that I am paid in full, I noticed that it is showing up in my online documents with all my other information. When you get closer to sailing and it doesn't show up, just check in with your travel agent then.

I noticed mine two weeks before sailing, but it may have been there much earlier.

Get it in writing from the TA and make sure you bring a copy along with you when you sail. On the Miracle last month there were several people in line at the purser's desk complaining because the OBC from the travel agency was not on their account. The staff asked if they had anything in writing from the agency and when they said no they were told there wasn't anything they could do without it. Always better to be safe then sorry and forget about trusting an agent or Carnival it's about making sure you have the proof just in case you need it :)

Please don't feel that way, any question is a good question and not only that, but there may be other people wondering the same thing. I personally don't like using a TA, had a very bad experience with the first one I ever had so I deal directly with Carnival now and I don't have to worry about the middle man taking care of my cruise for me. I have learned on this board that no matter what question you ask you are going to get some responders that will tear you apart, but the majority will answer your question in a very kind and caring manner.

I always book thru a TA and she gives me a print out of my obc.........just in case I need to dispute it........I never had to:)

Always get something backed up in writing.......

I trust my TA too........I just don't trust the cruise lines.......

Well, you and I even it out, I don't trust TA's, but trust Carnival cruise line (can't say anything about the other's, never cruised on them) because they have been great to me.

Archived