Soveriegn has no inroom safes?

junior8

I have read that rooms on the Sovereign of seas do not have safes. What would you recommend I do with camera and purse? Seems like I will have to carry them with me all over the ship. Is there something I am not aware of?

Also, I don't leave stuff out in plain sight, I hide it inside shoes, in the suitcases that are under the bed, etc... Go through your purse before you leave and take out everything that isn't necessary for the week. That will leave your credit card, ID and cash, plus glasses, lipstick and such. If you are taking jewelry or a lot of cash, you can opt to have the pursers desk put it in a safe deposit box.

In 7 cruises so far, I've never had anything missing from the room. I'm actually more dangerous to myself than the room stewards and I always leave some unintended donation to the ship.

• 2 months later...
I have read that rooms on the Sovereign of seas do not have safes. What would you recommend I do with camera and purse? Seems like I will have to carry them with me all over the ship. Is there something I am not aware of?

Here's a helpful tip for any hotel/cruise room.

Always bring a lock for your suitcase. even though most don't use them anymore for actual air travel a empty suitcase works very well for a safe! just lock it up and poof your very own secured area, and much bigger too!

Sovereign is in the same class as Monarch, which does not provide a safe in every cabin, I believe only the suites do. Check on the RCCL board to ask people who have actually been on this ship.

The locking suitcase is an excellent idea, if you are really paranoid, take along a cable to attach it to another item (furniture or another suitcase).

Archived