Triumph Questions

Crussinfool

Have heard some bad things about the Triumph in the last few days. It's been about the elevators, the food, sewerage smells & the jacuzzies don't work. We are sailing Nov. 28,2009 and would like to hear from anyone who has cruised on the Triumph recently to let us know if any of this true or not. Any info is appriciated

Its odd, but I read a month or so ago about the hot tubs being out. Or that a elevator broke down. All ships if someone puts the wrong thing into the toilet can have sewage smells in the hall.

I have a B2B on Triumph in 3 weeks and Im not one bit worried. Why would you think the food would be worse on Triumph than on any other ship?

My mom,dad, boyfriend, and I all went on the triumph last December. I have no complaints about the ship. There are some signs of age but nothing too distracting. The food was fabulous. Yes, there were a couple days while walking to our room that the hallway would smell diisssguuussting! Never did our room smell though. If that smell would have been in our room there would have definitely been a complaint.

Have heard some bad things about the Triumph in the last few days. It's been about the elevators, the food, sewerage smells & the jacuzzies don't work. We are sailing Nov. 28,2009 and would like to hear from anyone who has cruised on the Triumph recently to let us know if any of this true or not. Any info is appriciated

I've seen a lot of the same complaints, and all seem to have been in the last 2 - 3 weeks, which is pretty odd. Honestly, I'm waiting to hear from the folks who sail the new Caribbean itinerary over the next couple of weeks before I start to worry. Seriously, the folks who enjoy an Oct / Nov cruise to Canada are generally pretty different in personality from the people who choose the tropical climates, so that might have something to do with it.

Also wondering if it might be a bandwagon sorta thing, too. You know, post a complaint, and fellow complainers seem to leach out of the woodwork???

***Editing out the rolleye-smiley which was supposed to be a winkie! LOL. Did NOT want to get the wrong emotion across!

I was on the Triumph recently and experienced NONE of the negative things you mentioned!

The food was incredible - I think I put on 5lbs in a week :eek: Still trying to get back to normal! Guess chocolate melting cake every night would do it!

I didn't notice any smell, and the elevators always seemed to be working, though to be fair we never used them so I can't say that 100%.

I'm not sure I'm any 'different in personality' :confused: than someone who enjoys a tropical cruise, since I have done both.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

The lovely Mrs. Jones and I sailed "Triumph" in Feb, and it was, in all honesty, the absolute BEST Carnival cruise we've ever had. (We've done 24 counted, and several others way back that we can't prove.) Everything about that ship was excellent, from the food and service, to the entertainment. I wouldn't worry one bit about cruising "Triumph". It was SUPER! :D

"SKY"

We were on the Triumph beginning of October and had an excellent cruise.

Only little problem was elevators were out of service for extended periods. They did seem to have this problem for some weeks but hopefully that has been taken care of.

Food was great and has the funniest CD. Crew did everything they were supposed to and more!

Enjoy your cruise and stop worrying.

I too have had this question. We are to be on the dec 19th cruise. Hoping to hear better reports from the Caribean route.

I was on the Triumph in October. The elevators were slow and often several banks were out of order at the same time. However, I was never forced to take the stairs. Our cruise was to Canada, so the temperature was in the 40's and 50's. Even so, I did see several groups of men who were sitting in the hot tubs. I wouldn't say the food was spectacular, but it was good and, best of all, I wasn't cooking it! I didn't smell a sewage smell. We loved our room, our room steward , our MDR servers and the entertainment! Actually, there wasn't anything about the Triumph that we didn't like. It was quite cold, though and NO, the Triumph does not have a heating system. We just layered and moved on. Enjoy your trip!

I was on the Triumph in October. The elevators were slow and often several banks were out of order at the same time. However, I was never forced to take the stairs. Our cruise was to Canada, so the temperature was in the 40's and 50's. Even so, I did see several groups of men who were sitting in the hot tubs. I wouldn't say the food was spectacular, but it was good and, best of all, I wasn't cooking it! I didn't smell a sewage smell. We loved our room, our room steward , our MDR servers and the entertainment! Actually, there wasn't anything about the Triumph that we didn't like. It was quite cold, though and NO, the Triumph does not have a heating system. We just layered and moved on. Enjoy your trip!

I too was on a Canada/NE sailing in October. Our biggest and only complaint was the lack of a real heating system. Only have a celing vent that can adjust the amount of air into the cabin -- not the temperature. Aand let me tell you, it was really, really cold on board the ship!:(

MARAPRINCE

We sailed on the Triumph last week to the Bahamas. I thought the ship was very nice. I could go on and on about the positive things, but I want to address the questions brought up regarding the negatives:

All of the hot tubs were in working order during our 5 days. Due to high winds, one set of hot tubs, 2 pools, and the water slide were closed the last sea day.

Sewage smell: The first sea day, there was a sewage smell near the putt putt course. Didn't notice it there again. Walking along the hall on Deck 6 (Riviera, i think), there was a noticeable small around the middle of the ship 2-3 days. We never noticed this in our room or anywhere else not mentioned.

Elevators: There usually seemed to be one or two that they working on at any given time. We only had long waits for the elevator on the last sea day, and at debarkation. There was once or twice that the elevator completely passed our floor a couple of times.

That being said, the positives completely outweighed the minor negatives. The ship is beautiful and well maintained. All of the crew was wonderful. We thought the food was excellent. Relax and have a great cruise. The few negatives did not affect our cruise at all.

Archived