CLT-SJU...what would be a good price?

NCMtnBoys

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I've never flown to San Juan before and I don't have an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a flight from Charlotte. What are some prices you've found to San Juan (either from Charlotte or other cities)? We will be traveling on a Saturday, returning a week later, on Sunday, in mid-October of next year. I've always heard that airfare to SJU is pricey, but I just checked for next year as far out as I could get, which is the full week before we'd need, and it looks like the price came back as $799 round trip for two people, taxes included. Less than I expected, but I figure maybe someone would know if that's high.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I've never flown to San Juan before and I don't have an idea of what a reasonable price would be for a flight from Charlotte. What are some prices you've found to San Juan (either from Charlotte or other cities)? We will be traveling on a Saturday, returning a week later, on Sunday, in mid-October of next year. I've always heard that airfare to SJU is pricey, but I just checked for next year as far out as I could get, which is the full week before we'd need, and it looks like the price came back as $799 round trip for two people, taxes included. Less than I expected, but I figure maybe someone would know if that's high.

We paid $767 a couple of months ago for our flight CLT/SJU on Nov. 15. We would have watched it awhile longer but seats were going fast on the flight and we had to go ahead and book. I'm not sure what the "usual" fare is but sounds like you have plenty of time to watch it. We opted to fly out at 9:45 AM and arrive in SJU at 2:16 the day before our cruise. We felt it was too risky to fly in the day we sail. Where do you live in NC? We are in upstate SC near Clemson (GO TIGERS)-very close to the NC mountains and a couple of hours from CLT..

Try using the historical price charts on FareCompare. You can find the link towards the bottom of the page.

Keep in mind - this can give you some ballpark numbers. However, what may or may not be available for your particular travel timeframe will be of more significance.

Archived