Change on Captain's Club Status

cal516

I remember when it took weeks & weeks plus several phone calls to get a status change correct when a cruise was completed. Well, RCI/X/Az have sorted this out!

We completed our 10th cruise credit on RCI on Jan 8th. Today (Jan 14th) our e-docs notification for a 1/2/2010 X cruise arrived and correctly showed our new reciprocal CC Elite status - before RCI even got it on their C&A website! Well done !!! :)

• 1 month later...
Does this mean that if you sail in RCCI, you would have one previous cruise and be a Captain's Club member on Celebrity?

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have reciprocity in their loyalty programs once you are at the mid-level or higher. If you are platinum in Royal Caribbean you will be recognized as Select in Celebrity even if you have never sailed Celebrity before. If you are diamond with Royal you will be recognized as Elite with Celebrity and visa versa.

Unfortunately, although there is reciprocity of status in each line, I was told you can't combine them. For example, we have sailed 6 times on RCCL and four times on Celebrity. So, we are at the platinum/select level. But having not taken 10 cruises just on one line, we can't achieve the next level.

Elite level (10 and over cruise credits) is as high as you can go on Celebrity.

If you are elite on Celebrity and sail on RCCL you will receive diamond level benefits.

RCI also has diamond plus (25 and over cruise credits).

If I were to sail on Celebrity and rack up 25 plus cruise credits, which does not have a higher bracket level (like elite plus); will I get diamond plus benefits while sailing on RCCL or will it just be diamond level benefits?

Archived