Ventura 12.02.10 N004. First-timer, with kids!

purplecatherine

Hello. This is my first time on this forum, so please excuse me if I don't have either the know-how or the lingo yet!

My husband and 10year old son are setting sail on our first ever cruise on 12th Feb. 2010 on the Ventura around the Caribbean.

We really have no idea what to expect. We don't know what to do about the excursions?! We're not sure how many other kids my son's age will be there as it's not prime school holiday time? What to pack in terms of clothes? There are soooo many questions to ask and more keep popping into my head every 2 minutes!

I would really appreciate any info as I'm a complete novice. Also, would be nice to meet up with any fellow passengers for a beverage or two......

Cheers.

PC

P.s. I'm also a Coeliac and therefore have to eat gluten free. Does anyone have experience with this either on the ship or whilst visiting ports and having lunch there?

Call the cruiseline about your special diet...they will make every effort to accomodate you, but they have to know in advance!

Next, get a guidebook on your ports...libraries have them, or you can buy one at a bookstore. It will be the best investment to help you enjoy your cruise. You'll find out what is in each country, how to get there, what it costs, where to shop, eat....everything.....beaches, cabs... Not everything requires an expensive excursion!

The Caribbean is summery all year...bring shorts and lightweight clothes!

There are almost always kids on every cruise...I'm sure yours will be no exception!

Archived