Is there a Reidel Workshop coupon in the elite book?

stipmom

On the Equinox a few weeks ago I never saw a Reidel Workshop coupon. They did offer Elite members a free Wine Mixing seminar. Elite coupons are not in a booklet. One page of tear apart coupons. My wife and I each got a set. That included $49.99 each of free Internet.

Oct we did the Panama Canal on the Infinity. I don't remember any coupons for the Reidel Workshop. I do remember some notice about it and our friends signed up and went and bought glasses. They didn't reserve ahead of time.

Stipmom - here is why my friend emailed me re: the workshop

"No we did not pay, but that's because we had Elite status, no need to make a reservation ahead of time, no coupon and our wine stewart recommended that we go and she made the reservations. Really recommend the Reidal tasting it will change you forever and cost you lots of money afterwards."

mardon, are you sure they are talking about the riedel workshop in which the cost is about $87 per person? I do not believe that is discounted for anyone even elite. The elite deal I believe is just the standard wine tasting. The riedel one you get 4 glasses with it that is why it is so much per person.

mardon, are you sure they are talking about the riedel workshop in which the cost is about $87 per person? I do not believe that is discounted for anyone even elite. The elite deal I believe is just the standard wine tasting. The riedel one you get 4 glasses with it that is why it is so much per person.

Just off EQ transatlantic. We are Elite and were in a suite. We paid full price for the $87 Riedel wine glass/tasting workshop (plus 15% gratuity, I believe)

Jane

Just wondering if they serve wines on board in Riedel glasses or just the ordinary cheap glasses? I have a set of Mikasa wine glasses at home which I've had for years. Are these similar in quality to the Riedel ones?

Just off EQ transatlantic. We are Elite and were in a suite. We paid full price for the $87 Riedel wine glass/tasting workshop (plus 15% gratuity, I believe)

Jane

Just wondering if they serve wines on board in Riedel glasses or just the ordinary cheap glasses? I have a set of Mikasa wine glasses at home which I've had for years. Are these similar in quality to the Riedel ones?

We were told that it would be too expensive to offer main dining room service in the Riedel glasses. They use "ordinary" glasses with a rolled rim -- the same glass they called the "joker" during the workshop.

I have read that they offer you the Riedel glasses in the DR after you have participated in the workshop, but that was not our experience. (Our tablemates had NOT participated, so that may have some bearing.)

Our workshop was held very late in the cruise, and we did not get offered the special glasses for the 2 remaining dinners we had in the main dining room. The thing is, we came in with special martinis from the Martini bar, so that may have made a difference.

This post reminds me that I have 2 Riedel glass certificates to go online and redeem. We elected to have the set of glasses delivered, rather than carrying them off the ship. They told us shipping would be up to $15 per set to the US (or $30 to Canada and more to the rest of the world), but that Riedel takes full responsibility for any damage. Will report back here, if I have any problems.

By the way, it's pronounced "riddle".

Jane

Jane

This post reminds me that I have 2 Riedel glass certificates to go online and redeem. We elected to have the set of glasses delivered, rather than carrying them off the ship. They told us shipping would be up to $15 per set to the US (or $30 to Canada and more to the rest of the world), but that Riedel takes full responsibility for any damage. Will report back here, if I have any problems.

Jane

Here's the S&H info that came up when I just redeemed my certificates:

Shipping Method

Please select a shipping method from the list below.

2-4 Week Delivery (US Only) $15.00

Austria, Germany $10.00

Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France $20.00

Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Portugal $35.00

Canada (4-6 Week Delivery) $30.00

Cyprus, Estonia, Findland, Ireland $40.00

Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia $25.00

Latvia, Lithuania, Malta $40.00

Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Great Britain $20.00

Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands (4-6 Week Delivery) $15.00

Romania, Spain, Sweden $35.00

Please choose the appropriate shipping method based on your ship to country. Choosing an incorrect option will result in your order being delayed or cancelled

is that per certificate - ie I assume if we have 2 boxes coming back to the UKit will be $40?

I know the cost of the seminar each is less that we would pay for 4 glasses here - and I am a huge fan of these glasses. I was sceptical at first and then was convinced. Interestingly a relative I really value his wine opinions asked for glasses for his special birthday and he is certainly not someone who would have the family clubbing together for something like that for him if he was not 100% convinced

Thanks for the info. I think I will sign up for the Riedel workshop and have the glasses shipped to my brother in South Windsor, CT (not far from you). I hate those rolled rim glasses. Alternatively, I may be able to carry the glasses off the ship, as we're only flying from FLL to Buffalo, NY, then will drive an hour home to Ontario, Canada.

We were told that it would be too expensive to offer main dining room service in the Riedel glasses. They use "ordinary" glasses with a rolled rim -- the same glass they called the "joker" during the workshop.

I have read that they offer you the Riedel glasses in the DR after you have participated in the workshop, but that was not our experience. (Our tablemates had NOT participated, so that may have some bearing.)

Our workshop was held very late in the cruise, and we did not get offered the special glasses for the 2 remaining dinners we had in the main dining room. The thing is, we came in with special martinis from the Martini bar, so that may have made a difference.

Jane

Jane

is that per certificate - ie I assume if we have 2 boxes coming back to the UKit will be $40?

Yes. You have to place a separate order for each certificate.

The price onboard, including the workshop is $87 (plus 15% gratuity). They allow you to order extra sets of glasses at the end of the workshop for the same $87 fee. I believe they also add the 15% gratuity to the additional sets.

Jane

Archived