Voyager May 29th 5 night to Bermuda questions?

Mac

Dose anyone know if there is a formal night on the 5 night Bermuda cruise?

This is our first time to Bermuda on a 5 day cruise, always done the 7-9 day, what is the weather like that time of year and is there anything we must see, thank you for your help.

Glad to hear your sailing with us, I heard so many positive things and heard it's just beautiful, I can't wait to go, my daughter is also sailing with us and this is her first time.

We are also going on this one. I have heard from friends that there is usually 1 formal night on a five night cruise. We also have never been to Bermuda or sailed 5 night, but have done a couple 4 nighters to Bahamas. I think the weather will be around 70- 80 degrees from what I read. We will be a group of 18 with kids from 5-19yo. Anyone with young kids going?

For those who have not been on the voyager the ship is beautiful, this would be our 4th sailing on her, the sister ships are just as nice. Dose anyone know of any good excursions we must do? I always wanted to swim with the dolphins, has anyone done it before and is it worth it.

Once everyone is off the ship from the previous cruise they let you on the ship by noon and you can have lunch and hang out all day on the ship. You will also get dinner and a welcome aboard show and parade for all. They will do a munster drill before departing. Not all guest's like to leave the ship so nothing will change.

me, three of my daughters and two of my grandchildren, a 5 year old girl and an 11 year old boy, will be there.

My niece is 5 (6 in July)and will be going. I hope she goes in the kids program this time. Last time she cruised she was just three and didn't want to leave mom and dad. Her parents really hope she goes into the program too. I have an 11 year old boy and my nephew is 10, so they will have each other and they have loved the kids program in the past. I also have a 15yo boy and his friend is going. Have your grankids cruised before? There is so much for the kids on the ship. We went on the Mariner last Jan. Can't wait for Bermuda, we have done the Caribbean and Bahamas several times. We are going for my mother-in-laws 65th b-day.

I've heard the weather in Bermuda in May is rather chilly...is there any truth to this?

Just wondering b/c I may be going on the Voyager on May 15th out of NJ.

Also - how do you get to Cape Liberty? I live in NYC. Is it just a quick cab ride away?

I hear Bermuda is beautiful - I'm just not sure how cold this cruise will be in mid-May. Like how will that first day at sea be leaving NY...cold?

Thanks!

I've heard the weather in Bermuda in May is rather chilly...is there any truth to this? We were in Bermuda last May around the 18th and the weather could not have been better. Low 80's, no humidity and a couple passing showers. It was actually during an early hot spell here in PA, temps in the high 90's. The water was about 66 degress which is cold to Bermuda standards but I am used to the Jersey Shore and the water there stays cooler.

Also - how do you get to Cape Liberty? I live in NYC. Is it just a quick cab ride away? Here is a link to the Cape Liberty webpage ...http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-capeliberty.pdf It will give you directions and some information.

I hear Bermuda is beautiful - I'm just not sure how cold this cruise will be in mid-May. Like how will that first day at sea be leaving NY...cold? We left for our cruise in Mid May from Norfolk Virginia and it was very hot... about 90 degrees.

Thanks!

If you have any more question, I will try and help out.

Hi All,

We are headed to Bermuda in May too but on NCL Majesty. ( We are former residence so want as much time in Bermuda as we can to visit friends.)

Here is a link to the Bermuda weather page which has the weather and sea temp data for last May (other years too if you want to compare)

http://www.weather.bm/data/2004-05.html

The dolphin program is wonderful. Here is the link to that

http://www.dolphinquest.org

With admission to the Maritime Museum in Dockyard you can view the programs/dolphins. If you want to participate in a program you should really make advance reservations as the spaces are very limited and when ships are in port they will be full. The childrens programs are really great and educational.

Thanks to all who responded - the info is very helpful!

Unfortunately - I think we're going to pass on the Bermuda cruise in May. Rest of the family heard the weather is not so great so I think we're going to Puerto Rico instead...oh well.

NYCchic, Sorry you won't be joining us in "SUNNY" Bermuda.

Everyone else on this sailing, I've been informed, and have also checked the RCCL website that the time has changed for departure. It is now listed as a 5:00pm departure. Please check your arrival plans, we don't want anyone missing the boat.

Glad to see there are so many on here going on the same cruise.

This will be our first to Bermuda. We are taking our "moms". Neither of them have ever cruised, so we are excited about them going.

Our 7 year old daughter is also going.

I'm still researching excursions, so I'm enjoying reading what everyone else is saying.

Has anyone looked at the helmet diving? It looks pretty neat.

Archived