Eurodam at Ft Lauderdale

JL

We have overnight flight to Ft Lauderdale that arrives in FLL at 7:30am on the embarkation day for Eurodam. What time does the embarkation begin? How much is the cab/shuttle ride to the cruise terminal? Is there any place to sit down and rest for a few hours before the embarkation? I was thinking about booking a hotel that provides breakfast and shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal so I can get breakfast and rest for a few hours, but if the embarkation starts early enough maybe I can take a cab and head directly to the cruise terminal instead. Any suggestions appreciated.

The airport is very close to the port, and the cab ride will cost about $15 plus tip, and take 15 minutes tops. Last Dec they told us that we wouldn't be allowed into the check-in/waiting room (where there are chairs but little else) before 11:00, but IIRC they did let us in a little before that. I don't see that "not before 11:00" warning on this year's docs.

I don't think it would be worth getting a hotel room for 2 to 3 hours. I suggest that you eat breakfast at the airport and find an out-of-the-way chair there until about 10:30. :)

Another option, if you want a nicer breakfast than what you can find in the FLL airport and in a more relaxing environment, but want to save on hotel costs for such a short time period, would be to take a cab to the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Hotel, have the bellman hold your luggage and sit down for a nice breakfast, then hop another cab over to the cruise terminal around 1030-1100. Both taxis would be $15 or less.

Here's another idea.

At the airport, take a hotel FREE shuttle to that hotel and eat breakfast. We have stayed at the Sheraton and the Hilton (both really close) and have used their free shuttle many times. I personally prefer the Sheraton ambience (lobby, restaurant etc.) and the areas are comfortable too. You can bring your luggage with you and just keep it nearby.

THEN, pay for a taxi to the port when ready.

We are flying in this Friday one night precruise and staying at Hilton (Sheraton had 2 night minimum since it was the weekend before Thanksgiving) and will report back on their "renovation" when we get back.

Just another idea to throw in the mix - :D

Archived