12/5 Eurodam - Oasis leaves first time WITH US

like friends

Read in the newspaper this weekend that Oasis of the Sea, the huge ship which is docked now in the everglades will be leaving on it's first cruise to the public on 12/5, the same day we are leaving.

I have no clue what will be going on in that room to board with all the hoopla and I think it has over 5.000 people going on board that ship.

HEADS UP EVERYONE:eek:

Read in the newspaper this weekend that Oasis of the Sea, the huge ship which is docked now in the everglades will be leaving on it's first cruise to the public on 12/5, the same day we are leaving.

I have no clue what will be going on in that room to board with all the hoopla and I think it has over 5.000 people going on board that ship.

HEADS UP EVERYONE:eek:

Word is they haven't sold it out yet.....

and...

They have built a brand new terminal for the behemoth -- at least you won't have to share terminals -- access roads -- different issue.

Yes -- there will be a lot of HoopLa when she sails -- just like there was when she arrived in Ft lauderdale this past Friday.

I heard that they are reducing the cabins quite a bit to get the ship sold out.

She can hold 5400 passengers -- double occupancy -- imagine how many there can be when children are factored into the equation.

Actually the first Oasis cruise is a 4-day to Labadee Haiti on Dec 1st. That will probably be loaded with TAs and VIPs. Then the one leaving Dec 5 is called the "Inaugural"! I guess that what the newspaper meant by the first one open to the public - but you CAN go to the RCCL site and find the Dec 1 listed as available for booking! "From" prices: $1049 pp for an outside or balcony, $3299 for a suite.

Actually the first Oasis cruise is a 4-day to Labadee Haiti on Dec 1st. That will probably be loaded with TAs and VIPs. Then the one leaving Dec 5 is called the "Inaugural"! I guess that what the newspaper meant by the first one open to the public - but you CAN go to the RCCL site and find the Dec 1 listed as available for booking! "From" prices: $1049 pp for an outside or balcony, $3299 for a suite.

A 4 day cruise for $1049 -- you would barely find your cabin and the dining room by the time the ship docked back at FLL.;)

Glad to hear they will not be in the same terminal, but the cabs,shuttles, limo's etc. it will be absolutely crazy to get into the terminal area. We went without this big ship (there were others) and had to wait in a line for the cab to pull up to drop us off. I wonder what day it returns, the same as ours? More waiting.....

Glad to hear they will not be in the same terminal, but the cabs,shuttles, limo's etc. it will be absolutely crazy to get into the terminal area. We went without this big ship (there were others) and had to wait in a line for the cab to pull up to drop us off. I wonder what day it returns, the same as ours? More waiting.....

Yeah, I'm worried too about the circus that will be in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 5 when we sail out and then again when we return on the Eurodam on the 12th.

I wish I had the extra $ to book a limo...but we will make the best of it. I'm tempted to make a sign to hold up in the hotel lobby saying that we're going on HAL and if anyone would like to share a van cab with us.

Anyway, I hope we get to see Oasis (how could anyone NOT SEE IT).

Archived