Can you get off of the ship at the embarkation port?

jc4me

I've never really thought about this before, but has anyone even gotten off of the ship after they have checked in? We are going out of Charleston in September and there are things to see within walking distance of the port. Just wondering if that is possible.

I've never really thought about this before, but has anyone even gotten off of the ship after they have checked in? We are going out of Charleston in September and there are things to see within walking distance of the port. Just wondering if that is possible.

2 yrs ago we sailed Destiny out of San Juan and people got off after checking in on the ship but the ship didn't leave until 10:00 pm

When we were on the Legend in May, we realized we left the luggage keys in our truck. We got off the ship just like we would in any of the ports we were visiting. When we returned, the Carnival people moved us to the front of the line since we had already been on the ship. I think Homeland Security needs the ships manifest an hour or an hour and a half before sailaway so you might have to be back on board by then.

That is a very good question. If you boarded at 11 and left at 4, would give you 2-3 hours to look around. This would be great for ports of Charleston and New Orleans. Both with lots to see within walking distance of the ship. You would not want to have any carry on luggage to tote around.

Instead of waiting all that time for checking in only to walk back off the ship-- may i suggest that you give your luggage to the porter--then head out to visit the port-- and head back to the ship after 3pm when lines are short and waiting will be next to nothing for checking in.

arriving at the pier at 11--getting onboard by noon- Most weeks you dont have access to your cabin until 1:30 it will be posted what time.

Some people will say just drop your stuff off in the cabin but the cabins are not secured until the posted time

Yes, we did it in NOLA a few years ago ~~!!~~

We were embarking in Honolulu (on NCL) and had several hours to spare after we checked in. We got off again and walked down the waterfront to see a historic ship and then a few blocks inland to check out a wonderful flower market. Never thought twice about it. We like to walk and we hadn't seen that part of the city.

Archived