**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

flavored coffee creamers, fresh water pools, free soda, rock climbing, bigger arcade, more choices on the menu, at least 2 assigned lounge chairs per cabin to be ordered when booking the cruise, the chairs could be numbered and tickets left in your cabin upon arrival if you ordered any up to 2 per cabin.

• 4 weeks later...

I would get a whole new web design team..do they still use the term webmaster?

Carnivals website is suckin BIGTIME lately!!!

I just spent over 2 hours trying...just trying to get the

freakin website to open so that I could finish my Fun Pass.

Finally it opened, took about 5 minutes to finish it.

No, I did not print out page 7...the luggage tags, cause I knew

if I did, I would get a lecture about how you are supposed to print

out all the pages and have them with you blah blah blah blah.

The wife and rules:rolleyes:

Ex. after all this time she still says you can't or aren't supposed to smoke in your cabin....

and that is NOT even a RULE (except for spa cabins)

Happy New Year....Where's the tylenol?

Forget that....Where is the tequila!!

Change some of the "Legends" in the Carnival Legends Show. (Britney Spears just isn't my idea of a "Legend", along with some of the others.) I'd also bring back the Red Punch. If there were any "upgrades" to be handed out, I'd start with the folks who have done the most cruises aboard my line, then the ones who booked first, then the other folks. I'd enforce some of the rules aboard ship, which don't seem to get enforced, (saving seats in the theater, saving deck chairs for hours on end, kids in the "adults only" area.) I'd go aboard ship incognito, and listen to what my customers have to say about their cruise.

"SKY"

Change some of the "Legends" in the Carnival Legends Show. (Britney Spears just isn't my idea of a "Legend", along with some of the others.) I'd also bring back the Red Punch. If there were any "upgrades" to be handed out, I'd start with the folks who have done the most cruises aboard my line, then the ones who booked first, then the other folks. I'd enforce some of the rules aboard ship, which don't seem to get enforced, (saving seats in the theater, saving deck chairs for hours on end, kids in the "adults only" area.) I'd go aboard ship incognito, and listen to what my customers have to say about their cruise.

"SKY"

I couldn't agree more...

In my opinion, service took a STRONG downturn when the automatic tip structure was implemented. With automatic tipping, it does not lend to providing service above and beyond. Tips should NOT be automatic, they should be earned. Some will say that the staff is so underpaid that they depend on tips. That is a culture that was created by the cruise lines that only they can correct by higher base pay. Others will say that this will result in higher cruise fares. I am paying in some instances less now than I paid when I started cruising in 1992. So a little increase to insure great service would not be out of the question. IMHO

For the safety and comfort of all passenegers I would:

Implement and enforce a curfew for children & teens.

Raise the age that children can check themselves out of Camp Carnival.

Have parents and children sign a Code of Conduct Contract.

This is just the beginning of sweeping reforms I promise to make if I am elected......oops, sorry, got carried away :p

I would stop printing all the pictures taken and bring them up on computer so that people can pick and choose. This would keep the prices down because you wouldn't have to throw away so many that nobody will pay the 22 for.

This would save a lot of money. Maybe the pictures could rotate on a channel on the tv in your cabin. You could tell the photographer your cabin number when the picture is taken. Then if you want to buy them, you could go have them printed out or even order them from the tv.

For the safety and comfort of all passenegers I would:

Implement and enforce a curfew for children & teens.

Raise the age that children can check themselves out of Camp Carnival.

Have parents and children sign a Code of Conduct Contract.

This is just the beginning of sweeping reforms I promise to make if I am elected......oops, sorry, got carried away :p

That would be an excellent start....I guess they worry about the parents taht would disagree with that and not sail carnival anymore

Take some of the smaller ships in the fleet and send them to some of the smaller islands to increase the variety of ports....thereby creating more interest and more business.

p.s if ccl is reading this you can e-mail me at JP6458@comcast.net and I'll tell you the islands I'm thinking about

Andy

I would have better shopping on board for the at sea days ( like Coach, LV, etc.) I think you get the message. Also, being able to buy junk food for in the room at a more reasonable price and many more choices.;)

You gotta hate it when you suggest Walmart and DW suggests Coach and LV!!!:eek:

Archived