platters, coffee card and room

claudiaj

We are sailing on the Emerald on 11/22 and was wondering if anyone has stayed in

cabin E735-which was assigned to us. It is on the fan tail which some people think is

great but in the brochure it looks to be a small cabin. Any opinion.

Platters-some one posted the platters from the Emerald but I cannot find them-anyone know where they may be?

Do you get a coffee mug with the coffee card or should I take one?

Do you get a soda mug with a soda card?

thanks for your info.

I can;t wait for 11/22-don;t want to wish my life away-but I am ready.

We are on the Oasis of the Seas for 2 days prior to Princess to that should be really

fun and interesting.

Claudia, noticed you booked a guarantee. When did you get the assignment, I am sailing on the 29th and still don't have mine.

As for the coffee card, you don't get that mug, just the paper ones and as for the soda card, I think they give you a glass but I am not sure.

Have a great cruise!!!

We are sailing on the Emerald on 11/22 and was wondering if anyone has stayed in

cabin E735-which was assigned to us. It is on the fan tail which some people think is

Platters-some one posted the platters from the Emerald but I cannot find them-anyone know where they may be?

thanks for your info.

We are on the Oasis of the Seas for 2 days prior to Princess to that should be really

fun and interesting.

That should be a great cruise, as I will be on it!

No mug with the coffee card. If you drink the coffee "there" it will be

in china, if you want it to go, it will be in a paper cup, with top.

We usually bring a travel mug, just to bring regular coffee back to the

cabin. Not as hot to hold as paper.

With the soda sticker, you get a "Coke" metal tumbler. I find it just

to be a nuisance. It's not very big, and you have to remember to

carry it around. You don't need the special tumbler, as they will serve the

soda-card drinks in ordinary plastic tumblers.

:confused::confused:When you ask about "platters" I believe you are referring to the Princess Patter!! When you purchase a soda card, you receive and insulated Coca Cola "glass". For the best bar service visit the Explorer's Lounge with bartender Girlly!!

thanks for your info.

fun and interesting.

E735 is a choice balcony cabin with a fair sized balcony. It is not noticeably bigger or smaller than any other balcony cabin. It should be very private.

Do believe DW got a souvenir insulated mug in August on the Island. Not being a big coffee drinker I could not tell much difference between so called brewed coffee and HC or MDR coffee. Hot chocolate good though.

For the Coke you also get a souvenir mug but the sticker on your cruise card will get you soda anyplace on the ship. We just buy one each coffee card & soda card.

Personally the Emerald and her twins are not my favorite ships due to the number of passengers so don't think I would even get close to the Oasis, but just my opinion.

"Fan tail." Been many a year since I seen this used. I'll bet you refer to rooms as cabins and hallways as passageways also.:D

When you purchase a coffee card, you can also purchase an insulated mug (I think it's better to bring your own).

A tip for the soda sticker: usually the bars will give you the soda in a small glass w/ ice, but you can ask for a large soda and they are happy to fulfill your request (they will also add a citrus wedge or cherry if you want one) I like diet coke with a lime wedge. We've purchased many soda stickers through the years, and after the second time, we tell them to just keep the soda tumbler, it doesn't hold much and if you use it, you have to wash it out, and we learned we don't use them when we return home!

Have a great vacation.

If you buy the coffee card on embarkation day, they give you a small discount on the price of the insulated "mug". The insulated container does a good job of keeping your hot beverage hot.

But it does not have a handle, which I found inconvenient. It's kind of bulky for carrying around, especially for us gals with smaller hands. I do wish they had gotten the kind with a handle.

Archived