Godmothers "revealed" on WEDNESDAY

viva-vegas

So far here's what we have:

1) Gloria Estefan (singer)

2) Michelle Kwan (figure skater)

3) Jane Seymour (actress)

4) Dara Torres (swimmer)

5) Shawn Johnson (gymnast)

There are seven neighborhoods, here's how I think they are currently being placed:

1) Central Park:

2) The Pool and Sports Zone: Dara Torres (swimmer)

3) Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Zone: Michelle Kwan (figure skater)

4) Boardwalk:

5) Royal Promenade: Gloria Estefan (singer)

6) Youth Zone: Shawn Johnson (gymnast)

7) Entertainment Place: Jane Seymour (actress)

From what I can tell we need someone for Central Park and Boardwalk. Out of the ones that I placed the only one that I think may be wrong is Gloria Estefan so Royal Promenade may also be waiting for her announcement. How does everyone else think these people are organized with the neighborhoods?

I just wikid Dara Torres to find out who exactly she was and am so glad they picked her. I remember rooting for her during the Beijing Olympics. If you don't know about her she competed in 84, 88, 92, and 2000 when she was 33 and the oldest member of the team. She then returned in 2008 at the age of 40 only 15 months after having a child. She hadn't planned to return and most people told her she couldn't but she used swimming as a way to get back into shape following the birth and ended up getting silver. She is an incredible athlete with an incredible story, great choice RCCL.

I wonder if Rachel Ray could be Central Park. She is associated with NYC and isn't a Godmother yet.

ooh, that's a good thought. She would be awesome. I've been thinking of CP as someone green or environmental related but CP's other feature according to RCCL is that it is the center for specialty restaurants so a food angle may be right.

I just wikid Dara Torres to find out who exactly she was and am so glad they picked her. I remember rooting for her during the Beijing Olympics. If you don't know about her she competed in 84, 88, 92, and 2000 when she was 33 and the oldest member of the team. She then returned in 2008 at the age of 40 only 15 months after having a child. She hadn't planned to return and most people told her she couldn't but she used swimming as a way to get back into shape following the birth and ended up getting silver. She is an incredible athlete with an incredible story, great choice RCCL.

I remember this story, and we watched her swim. As the proud mother of a competitive female swimmer, I am happy they chose her.

So far here's what we have:

1) Gloria Estefan (singer)

2) Michelle Kwan (figure skater)

3) Jane Seymour (actress)

4) Dara Torres (swimmer)

5) Keisha Knight Pulliam (actress)

6) Shawn Johnson (gymnast)

There are seven neighborhoods, here's how I think they are currently being placed:

1) Central Park:

2) The Pool and Sports Zone: Dara Torres (swimmer)

3) Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Zone: Michelle Kwan (figure skater)

4) Boardwalk:

5) Royal Promenade:

6) Youth Zone: Shawn Johnson (gymnast)

7) Entertainment Place:

I have no idea how these people are fitting with the areas anymore. There is only one person left to announce and four areas I can't figure out how to pair.

Happy to announce our 5th Godmother is actress Keisha Knight Pulliam!

Wikipedia sure is getting a workout trying to find who these people are -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshia_Knight_Pulliam

"She is most recognized for her childhood role as Rudy Huxtable, the youngest child of Heathcliff and Clair Huxtable, on the popular NBC sitcom The Cosby Show."

Hmmm...

Craig

JAN 02 2010

I imagine Keisha because the Cosby show was such a popular show and she was the quintessenetial tv kid for a while but yes, that was 20 years ago. The same could be said for Jane Seymour who hasnt don't much more than a few Lifetime movies in the past decade.

Yeah, what was I thinking???? Of course! My point was, I wonder why they don't pick "newer" celebs? I thought that Bernadette Peters was going to be one.

Not sure where you heard Bernadette Peters but their is still one more person to be announced. According to her Wiki she did broadway and I have been expecting someone from broadway to be in the list, so maybe she'll be number 7. I personally think that they have made good choices so far with the exception of Keshia Knight Pulliam. She makes no sense and isn't at the level of the others.

Not sure, just a guess, but wouldn't RCI have to pay for an appearance? You might be better off picking people who 'need' the attention/publicity.

Again I have nothing to base this on.

I don't think anyone ever gets paid. I think the lines just send out invites in the order of who they want until someone says yes. Being a godmother is considered an honor and something to be proud of rather than a chore that they should be rewarded for. That is why you often see olympians doing these things because they don't have movies and other things to their names that people will watch for years to come. They like being able to say that they have a ship and onboard that ship is a plaque with their name that will last for the life of the ship. I think they may also get free sailings onboard as well as part of the deal. Either way I don't think someone like Gloria Estefan has to do it for the publicity and she has done another ship in the past already. Right now she is starting a farewell tour so that's not the time in a career that you look for publicity stunts.

Archived