Godmothers "revealed" on WEDNESDAY

viva-vegas

Bernatte Peters' name came up in several threads before so I thought someone might know someone else, but RCCL let the severnth one slip around noon...Daisy Fuegeras.

Again, I'm not up about some of these celebrities, so I had to look her up.

Not sure where you heard Bernadette Peters but their is still one more person to be announced. According to her Wiki she did broadway and I have been expecting someone from broadway to be in the list, so maybe she'll be number 7. I personally think that they have made good choices so far with the exception of Keshia Knight Pulliam. She makes no sense and isn't at the level of the others.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Bernatte Peters' name came up in several threads before so I thought someone might know someone else, but RCCL let the severnth one slip around noon...Daisy Fuegeras.

Again, I'm not up about some of these celebrities, so I had to look her up.

Your right. I did some searching and the 7th godmother is Daisy Fuentes.

Daisy Fuentes!?!?!?!?! I don't get that pick. Here in Florida she has been the spokesperson on tv commercials for the Bahamas Celebration ship that is not exactly getting great reviews....very old, small boat you can take to Nassau for $99.00.

1) Gloria Estefan (singer) - Will do anything for publicity.....

2) Michelle Kwan (figure skater) - ok

3) Jane Seymour (actress) - ehe

4) Dara Torres (swimmer) - She's great - but not sure I get it.

5) Keisha Knight Pulliam (actress) - Huh? What's Ruby doing here?

6) Shawn Johnson (gymnast) - again - huh?

Daisy Fuientes - Think she is "famous" for being "famous"

Can't believe that this list is the best they can do.

Anyone?

Ewwww Daisy Fuentes...bad choice.

Anyway you can wikipedia it, but naming a ship, and its first launch has been an important ceremony for probably as long as man has ventured to the sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_naming_and_launching

In the viking days it probably even included a human sacrifice to appease the gods. Talk about 'red velvet' cupcakes :eek:

Anyway in modern age it is mostly a publicity gimmick to gain attention and acknowledgment that the ship had been inaugurated. In the case of Oasis, the seven godmothers will cut seven ribbons, upon the last cut a bottle of champagne will break on the bow. The godmothers will more than likely have their pictures and a plaque on the ship for the rest of her (Oasis') life. I know for certain the seven scissors used in the ceremony will also be on display aboard the ship.

It is considered an honor to be a ship godmother, knowing that the ship and your name will be tied together for the life of the ship.

Anyone feel free to add or correct me, I didn't feel like typing out the enitre history of this.

CHEERS and God Bless Oasis, her master, her crew, and all who board her.

Anyone?

Hey...I'm with you. Why would they have picked these folks. I understand the Olympian theme, but again, Rudy? What did or does she do that makes her special? Maybe there's something that I'm just not getting.

I still don't understand why any company can't seem to get really relevant and current celebrities (other than the Olympians) to be godmothers. Steffi Graf was the exception and I loved the fact that they picked regular folks for this honor the past couple of years. Oh well...

Did anyone watch the christening of the Carnival Dream that was broadcast live on the internet? It had to have been the worst ceremoney I have ever seen! I think this one will be spectacular and I can't wait!:)

Hey...I'm with you. Why would they have picked these folks. I understand the Olympian theme, but again, Rudy? What did or does she do that makes her special? Maybe there's something that I'm just not getting.

I still don't understand why any company can't seem to get really relevant and current celebrities (other than the Olympians) to be godmothers. Steffi Graf was the exception and I loved the fact that they picked regular folks for this honor the past couple of years. Oh well...

Did anyone watch the christening of the Carnival Dream that was broadcast live on the internet? It had to have been the worst ceremoney I have ever seen! I think this one will be spectacular and I can't wait!:)

Do you know when the Christening of the Oasis will take place?:confused:

Carol:)

Archived