Parking Down Town San Diego?

chimerix

DH and I are staying at the Sheraton Suites San Diego (701 A St) and wondering if there is any parking close to the hotel that is cheaper than the $20/night the hotel charges. We can walk a few blocks, no problem.

Just thought someone may be able to tell me before we get there to search it out.

Aloha!

Do you mean after the cruise??

There is street parking for free on the side streets for overnight parking. You may have to drive around a bit to find it. The meters go off at 6PM and so you can park a bit before that and then leave the car all night but you'll have to move it by about 8AM. Read the signs.

There are also some outdoor lots that will be less expensive. MOST downtown hotels charge even more than the $20.

Hello,

I am sure that you will get some better responses than mine, but click in San Diego parking on the web. You should get a list of parking lots/facilities in San Diego. There should be a list put together by the City of San Diego Tourism Department or something similar.

There are many parking lots/facilities in downtown San Diego, within walking distance of your hotel so I am sure that you will find something less expensive than the Marriott.

Do you really need a car? Downtown parking is EXPENSIVE! While you can park on the street for free from 6PM to 6AM, downtown is also a common place for car thieves and you might have to walk quite a distance from your car to your hotel. If you are staying downtown, you can easily take the Trolley to many places such as Little Italy, Old Town or the Gaslamp, or even cabs or the city bus. Otherwise, I would recommend staying instead at a hotel where parking will be cheaper or even free, such as you will find in Mission Valley.

Thanks all, we're coming in a bit before the cruise.

Especially for the meter info. I looked up some of the parking, we'll make it work.

And yes we need the car, we have some running around to do before the cruise, and got the hotel through priceline - so no changing that. We're also staying after the cruise with no car.

Most of the parking around there will be in the basements and they all pretty much charge the same. Looking at google maps satellite view, there's outdoor/uncovered parking nextdoor which would probably be your best choice to check.

Archived