Can you use vip check-in if one non-vip room?

NJCruiser23

I have one vip room and one non-vip for my kids. Can you still use vip for both? I thought I read somewhere you could do this. I certainly am not going to check-in on two different lines. Anyone have any experience with this. TIA

I have one vip room and one non-vip for my kids. Can you still use vip for both? I thought I read somewhere you could do this. I certainly am not going to check-in on two different lines. Anyone have any experience with this. TIA

Yes they will allow your kids to go thru VIP with you;)

Depending on how old your children are will depend on whether or not it will be VIP. If they are minors, Carnival would not separate you. If they are adults, chances are they will have to go through the lines like the rest of us.

Depending on how old your children are will depend on whether or not it will be VIP. If they are minors, Carnival would not separate you. If they are adults, chances are they will have to go through the lines like the rest of us.

Our adult kids have always been able to board VIP with us........

The major question is this: Are YOU paying for your children's Sail and Sign Account? If you are, then they MUST check in with you. If they are adults and using their own credit cards for the Sail and Sign account - NO.

The major question is this: Are YOU paying for your children's Sail and Sign Account? If you are, then they MUST check in with you. If they are adults and using their own credit cards for the Sail and Sign account - NO.

Is this what they told you at the port:confused: Because we have never had a problem........

Are the reservations linked? I just know as a member of the Carnival Vacation Club I'm allowed VIP check-in and when I called I said I was traveling with my sister and they said she could check-in with us. I was so glad because she has bad knees AND fell getting off her plane. BUT when we went to the VIP lounge they would not let her check-in with us because the girl at CVC didn't cross-reference our booking numbers.

She did walk my sister to the front of the line and she was able to get the first available check-in person and boarded with us.

Like everything else it differs from port to port......that's why I told the op to ask at the port..........

So far we are 4 for 4........

Is a suite a "VIP" room? Is that what the OP is talking about? :confused:

Is a suite a "VIP" room? Is that what the OP is talking about? :confused:

VIP check in goes to Platinum members, cruisers that booked a Cat 11 or Cat 12 or (until it expires) the Carnival Vacation Club members (which is no longer being sold).

VIP check in goes to Platinum members, cruisers that booked a Cat 11 or Cat 12 or (until it expires) the Carnival Vacation Club members (which is no longer being sold).

Thanks. What about a Junior Suite?

It depends on who you run into going to VIP check-in. We just sailed on the Carnival Glory out of Pt. Canaveral last week and they would not let my elderly parents check in with us at VIP so we all checked in throught the normal check-in counters. The girl who checked us in was not happy she had to go get our keys from VIP.

It depends on who you run into going to VIP check-in. We just sailed on the Carnival Glory out of Pt. Canaveral last week and they would not let my elderly parents check in with us at VIP so we all checked in throught the normal check-in counters. The girl who checked us in was not happy she had to go get our keys from VIP.

Iv heard the same thing, it depends on the port if it will be allowed. There is not a yes or no answer for all ports.

LOL! That happened to us once......We were all in the VIP line and they sent us over to the front of the other line.....the girl behind the desk had to walk over and get our cards........so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't:p

It not only depends on the port, but also may depend on the person who checks you in. We have had our adult children as well as my elderly mom (who wears hearing aids and would NOT be able to check in by herself very well, because of this!) check in VIP with us. Carnival has been very cooperative in both situations.

Archived