Tell me about the Diamond Princess

JAMS1

I agree that the Wheelhouse Bar is a good "secret place." They held trivia there one day when there was a mix-up regarding its location (we were running all over the ship with the assistant CD looking for a free bar to hold trivia in) and it was actually a nice little place. Unfortunately the "wakeview" part of it is just a name since the windows are just portholes, but it's still nice.

As far as shows, my family never got to any of them (partially due to the Alaskan itinerary - there was so much to do on that trip), but one of the teens in the family went with some friends from the teen club to the comedy show one night. From what we heard, it was really good. The rest of the ship must have heard the same, because when we showed up the next night to watch it, the previous show had gone long and there was a huge crowd (the only time we had ever seen a crowd on the ship), so we couldn't get a seat and decided to skip it.

We were on the Diamond a year ago. I agree that it never felt crowded. The aft pool was our "special spot" with tables and lounge chairs. I think one side is for smokers. We requested late seating and got anytime. After the first dinner we were able to make reservations for eight every night with the same waiters. Take a roll of quarters for the laundry!

We were on the Diamond a year ago. I agree that it never felt crowded. The aft pool was our "special spot" with tables and lounge chairs. I think one side is for smokers. We requested late seating and got anytime. After the first dinner we were able to make reservations for eight every night with the same waiters. Take a roll of quarters for the laundry!

sounds nice!

I agree that the Wheelhouse Bar is a good "secret place." They held trivia there one day when there was a mix-up regarding its location (we were running all over the ship with the assistant CD looking for a free bar to hold trivia in) and it was actually a nice little place. Unfortunately the "wakeview" part of it is just a name since the windows are just portholes, but it's still nice.

Good to know!

Archived