Help..where to go with preschoolers?

carlennaro

Hi! New to this board with a couple of questions....

We are scheduled for the 5/20 VOS 9 night. Can anyone recommend beaches or acitivities in Jamaica, Grand Bahama or Grand Cayman that would be good for me to bring my 5 and 3 year old. I don't want to use the RCCL excursion progam due to $$$, but would like to get to the beach on our own. I have been to these islands before, but before we had kids (wow, how the focus changes)!

Any suggestions would be very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Peg

We were just in Jamaica in November with our 5 and 7 year old girls. We were in Montego Bay and loved Sunset Beach Resort. Sunset can be seen from the ship, it has an all inclusive that's just $20 for adults and $10 for kids. The all inclusive includes all food, sodas, alcohol, and use of all watersports. The watersports include kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel gear, etc. They even provide you with the beach towels.:)

In Grand Cayman, we took our kids on the stingray/snorkeling tour with Soto's. It was something we'll never forget! How often do you get to swim in the ocean with live stingrays in waist deep water with your family? These creatures are as gentle as a kitten and super soft!;) Even our little 5 year old wasn't afraid. Heck, my kids even wanted to take one of the little "baby" rays home as a pet and put it in the bathtub!:eek: And Soto's only charges $30 for adults and about half that for the kids. Plus, they take you to snorkel where there is live black coral which was really neat. Overall, this was our best shore excursion so far, I wouldn't go to GC without swimming with the rays.

it is one of the 1st stops--you ride the same buses if you take the cruise excursion and you still pay for the bus ($3-4, I think)---hotel is the same place others go to who booked beach break thru cruise for a cost of $22(chair and drink)---our entrance fee was around $5-8 with no chair or drink and I talked them into letting 3 yr old in for free. WE rented 1 chair for $5 and had a great time in the surf/sand for 3 hrs---then walked outside and caught a taxi/bus back to ship. IT is one of the CHEAPEST and BEST things we did with the kids---I would be happy to do it on every port stop!!

got them for $15 at Target---I Highly recommend that you get at least one for your 3 yr old---they pack easily--even our 5 yr old wore one. If you get one---the 5 yr old could borrow it if he wanted to go out in deeper water with mom/dad.

Hi! New to this board with a couple of questions....

We are scheduled for the 5/20 VOS 9 night. Can anyone recommend beaches or acitivities in Jamaica, Grand Bahama or Grand Cayman that would be good for me to bring my 5 and 3 year old. I don't want to use the RCCL excursion progam due to $$$, but would like to get to the beach on our own. I have been to these islands before, but before we had kids (wow, how the focus changes)!

Any suggestions would be very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Peg

Peg, we are going to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay. It is a resort that is a $5 cab ride from the boat. Pay $20 per adult, $10 per child (maybe not for young ones) and have beach access, towels, change rooms, beach umbrella, chairs, water toysa and unlimited food and drinks.

In Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach is great for kids. You can get a cab at the dock, and there are cabs there to return back to the dock. Just remember to get back on the ship in plenty of time before the ship is scheduled to depart. They will not wait for you.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. I will definitely look into the all-inclusive hotel option.

I apprectiate your taking the time to respond. With so much$$ invested in a trip, I want be sure to do thigs to keep everyone happy!

Peg

Archived