Ship Time vs. Local Time - Excursions

Bethany Beach

I'm looking to book several excursions (nonship) for our 2/24 Journey cruise. Anyone experience whether Journey's time changes to match local time. Two of the Shoretrips excursions in which I'm interested list that the departing time is local time. One, for example, in St. Lucia, states a departure time of 8:30 and our ship is stated to arrive at 9. It appears to me that I couldn't chose this excursion, but then again maybe I can with any time difference.

I'm looking to book several excursions (nonship) for our 2/24 Journey cruise. Anyone experience whether Journey's time changes to match local time. Two of the Shoretrips excursions in which I'm interested list that the departing time is local time. One, for example, in St. Lucia, states a departure time of 8:30 and our ship is stated to arrive at 9. It appears to me that I couldn't chose this excursion, but then again maybe I can with any time difference.

Unless I am completely misunderstanding this, you're dealing with a case of human error. An excursion can't leave before the ship arrives. It looks like someone has put the wrong time in for either the excursion or the arrival time for the ship. Ship's time is ALWAYS the local time.

Unless I am completely misunderstanding this, you're dealing with a case of human error. An excursion can't leave before the ship arrives. It looks like someone has put the wrong time in for either the excursion or the arrival time for the ship. Ship's time is ALWAYS the local time.

You are misunderstanding. The original poster is looking at NON SHIP excursions.

I can't say whether Azamara always switches to local time having been on only one Azamara cruise, but the claim that all ships switch to local time is untrue. I have been on two ships...with two different cruise lines... that did not switch to local time in all ports. Since other cruise lines don't always run on local time, there is at least the chance that under certain circumstances Azamara might not.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I started this thread is that on our S. Carib cruise I am pretty sure that in at least one of the ports the ship kept stressing that the local time was not the same as the ship time. If anyone has actually sailed on the Journey to the Carib and remembers his/her particular experience, I'd appreciate hearing. I was thinking of calling Azamara, but I pretty much feel that even if I do, I won't be able to trust the answer I get. I really have to give this some thought (of course, I could think about this all day and still not have a clue:D).

Thanks for the replies. The reason I started this thread is that on our S. Carib cruise I am pretty sure that in at least one of the ports the ship kept stressing that the local time was not the same as the ship time. If anyone has actually sailed on the Journey to the Carib and remembers his/her particular experience, I'd appreciate hearing. I was thinking of calling Azamara, but I pretty much feel that even if I do, I won't be able to trust the answer I get. I really have to give this some thought (of course, I could think about this all day and still not have a clue:D).

The reason you can't rely on an answer from Azamara customer service is that the time change decisions are at the discretion of the ship's captain (At least that's what I was told on another cruise line).

I can't say whether Azamara always switches to local time having been on only one Azamara cruise, but the claim that all ships switch to local time is untrue. I have been on two ships...with two different cruise lines... that did not switch to local time in all ports. Since other cruise lines don't always run on local time, there is at least the chance that under certain circumstances Azamara might not.

Yep....most of the time the ship will be on local time. We have had several times it wasn't.

Archived