RCCL Oasis Nursery Prices posted Here

crusinmama06

I just noticed this tonight on the RCCL site...

The prices and details were released for the Nursery...

Nursery On Oasis Of The Seas Details

Undoubtedly one of the most anticipated innovations from Royal Caribbean is our addition of the Babies and Tots Nursery. This colorful new space will serve as a fully-staffed nursery where children can be left in the care of our trained professionals, as well as host to various playgroups created by Fisher-Price® and Crayola® for babies and tots aboard our cruises.

The nursery will offer parents a drop-off options in the daytime and evening, while always maintaining an optimum staff-to-child ratio. Free-time play will also be offered daily, providing a chance for parents and their young ones to bond while playing with a variety of developmental toys from Fisher-Price in specially-designed programs available exclusively for guests of Royal Caribbean.

In addition, the Crayola Beginnings line of art tools will be featured in unique developmentally-focused art activities so parents and their children can enjoy some memorable creative moments together.

General Info

This experience is exclusive to our newest ship, Oasis of the Seas.

There are 2 age groups: Babies (6-17 months) up to and including 1 day less than 18 months.

Tots (18-36 months). Times will be booked under the child's name, and guests will be asked to submit the birth date and the website will calculate the child's age at time of sailing. Each child must be booked separately. Each child may be booked for a maximum of 12 hours on all sailings. Each session must be a minimum of 1 hour and the maximum session length is 6 hours. There is no maximum sessions in 1 day (someone can book a morning and an evening session in the same day if they would like). Sessions can be booked in 30 minute increments (2 hours, 2.5 hours, 3 hours, 3.5 hours, etc). If there is an attempt to book less than 1 hour, guests will be notified that the session minimum is 1 hour. Please note:

Families need to visit the nursery on Day 1 before 10:00 pm to:

Confirm bookings

Register children

Receive a phone to stay in touch with Nursery (phone does not work off the ship). Failure to do this will result in a loss of online bookings. Bookings can also be made onboard, but it is recommended to book online as space is extremely limited.

Cost

The charge is $8 per hour, per child. This can be charged in hour increments (minimum session charge is $8 for 1 hour even if child is picked up early).

Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary, so be sure to check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner. Did You Know Fisher-Price has developed special learning programs exclusively for Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the update. I thought it was free but I guess they changed their minds. Interesting you are only allowed 12 hours per sailing. We usually (I assume most parents) are interested having this option to cover dinner. You figure dinner is two hours each night X 7 days would equate to 14 being a better number. I wonder if they plan on having the in cabin babysitting as well?

Thanks for the update. I thought it was free but I guess they changed their minds. Interesting you are only allowed 12 hours per sailing. We usually (I assume most parents) are interested having this option to cover dinner. You figure dinner is two hours each night X 7 days would equate to 14 being a better number. I wonder if they plan on having the in cabin babysitting as well?

Yeah I noticed that too. Well actually another CC mom and I were talking last night and she mentioned it. It wouldn't cover a 7 night dinner. And the in cabin sitting (if available) wouldn't cover tots under 12 month olds.

I'm a little disappointed they decided to charge for this service, since it originally seemed that it would be included in the fare for the baby. The 12 hour limit does kind of stink too.

I agree. One of the selling features to me was the Oasis having the nursery available for my (at time of my booked sailing) 2 year old. Since they now will charge for it, I am going to switch my booking to Independance or Freedom for this time frame. It is over 1000.00 savings, plus my family group can afford to sail with us with that option.

I'm a little disappointed they decided to charge for this service, since it originally seemed that it would be included in the fare for the baby. The 12 hour limit does kind of stink too.

Although I don't think I will personally ever need it ;) - I am disappointed as well. It was so "anticipated". They didn't charge for the zipline or the carousel, but the nursery? The same infant will be full fare. And now they are adding the babysitting fee. Kind of odd.

But I guess they are following Disney's lead. Disney charges for Flounders. And Carnival charges for their Under 2's babysitting times.

Yeah I noticed that too. Well actually another CC mom and I were talking last night and she mentioned it. It wouldn't cover a 7 night dinner. And the in cabin sitting (if available) wouldn't cover tots under 12 month olds.

I wonder if once you are on the ship the hours are more flexible. I know with Disney the max number of hours you can use totally changed once we were on the ship and they had a real complete head count for our cruise and how many babies would be using Flounders.

I wonder if once you are on the ship the hours are more flexible. I know with Disney the max number of hours you can use totally changed once we were on the ship and they had a real complete head count for our cruise and how many babies would be using Flounders.

I was thinking the same thing. The might say 12hrs until they see how many parents use it. Oh well, maybe it will be like Johnny Rockets, if you don't use the price will go down.

It does seem odd that the lines that offer a nursery charge extra for it when the babies have to pay full fair and they don't get much for that money. Why charge the babies but not the older kids for the clubs?

Exactly. I've often wondered how they justify the cost they charge for infants. When I heard about the nursery, I thought that it would make sense after paying for the full fare for a baby. Oh well.

Archived