Juices & teas

Painter

Not much I'm afraid, juices (not very nice, reconstituted) out of a dispenser in the self serve with breakfast available 'til about noon I think, tea & coffee in your cabin or on tap in the self serve all the time. Any coffees from the bars are charged for, opinions vary, but mostly the cappuccino etc that you pay for is truly dreadful!!

Don't agree the cappouccino is truly dreadful atall. If you go to the Cafe Vivo coffee bar they have a selection of coffees like starbucks and these cost about £1 which is 1/2 the price of on land in a coffee bar. With this is a daily selection of sweets and pastries free when you buy a coffee.

FIlter coffee is available at some bars. Tea and Coffee free in self service Belevedere.

If you have coffee at a bar you pay for it, I said it was free & available in the self serve. The only place you can get a decent coffee on Arcadia is in the Orchid. The coffee in Café Vivo is dreadful...not an opinion a fact....unless your idea of coffee is light brown tasteless milky water. The coffee you get with meals is OK & the stuff out of the tap in the self serve is also passable as are the variety of teas....if there are any cups that is!

If you have coffee at a bar you pay for it, I said it was free & available in the self serve. The only place you can get a decent coffee on Arcadia is in the Orchid. The coffee in Café Vivo is dreadful...not an opinion a fact....unless your idea of coffee is light brown tasteless milky water. The coffee you get with meals is OK & the stuff out of the tap in the self serve is also passable as are the variety of teas....if there are any cups that is!

Sorry but it is a opinion - yours, and not a fact, I'm sorry you had a bad cuppa there but I haven't and i drink at costa, etc and when I've been there the coffees have been fine. I HATE weak milky coffee. Sure you didn't have a latte when you were there?

Not an opinion at all, the coffee is dreadful, I would not wish to misinform others by saying it was otherwise. Having spent quite a bit of time on Arcadia in the last year we tried all coffee outlets especially Café Vivo, in the hope of getting a decent coffee, several times each cruise in fact, no success. I am quite aware of what we ordered thank you. We got coffee like my Grannie used to make half a teaspoon of Nescafé in watery milk. Same on Artemis too. We did however did get quite nice coffee on Oceana maybe you are confused. Just because you took a dislike to me of late elsewhere there is no need to disagree with facts.

It is your opinion not a fact, I have given my opinion too , what makes you think your opinion is fact.?

I have spent nearly 50 nights on Arcadia as well and am entitled to give my opinion too. The cappuchinos are made with the proper coffee making machines and are very nice - not a fact a opinion.:rolleyes:

Sue,

We'll have to agree to disagree then. You think tasteless watery brown liquid is fine & are happy to pay £1-80 for it, we prefer coffee. Is it at all possible that the standard of coffee has fallen since you were last on Arcadia? Artemis was just as bad if not worse...undrinkable. Oceana was fine when we were last on her April 08.

I think I have to enter the coffee debate, having had many coffees on board. I found the coffee at Cafe Vivo perfectly fine and compareable with High Street chains. John are you sure it wasn't a Latte they served you with, Latte is always described as coffee for people who don't like coffee, as it's made with more milk. They make fresh coffee brewed for each order, so I find it difficult to understand how anybody would prefer the Self Service Restaurant coffee. Which comes out of a dispensing machine that is usually found in supermarkets, and petrol station shops. I don't remember any free pastries or sweets offered with the coffee though, they were all priced up on the Vivo cafe menu, the coffee just came with the little biscuit on the side of the saucer.

How can anyone who would drink a Cappuccino convince a coffee drinker that their opinion is worthwhile?

It is a revolting drink. Worse than white coffee - and that is really saying something.

The whole idea of coffee and milk together makes me feel queasy.

QE2 had rubbish coffee - the espresso was okay, but the rest dreadful.

I don't intend joining the coffee debate but wish to ask Sue who i usually agree with not to give any kind of advertising to that obnoxiuos chain who acted terribly during 9/11 and other ocassions when asked to help the armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Martin

As stated earlier I know perfectly well what I asked for & what I got...in fact the coffee was so weak I asked for a double shot of espresso next time..still like "gnat's". Despite the rude remarks by some I think you will find that the majority of people like coffee with milk. I repeat, has anyone who thinks this bilge is OK been on Arcadia recently?..maybe it used to be OK, I seem to recall going into Café Vivo was a pleasant experience. An officer of our acquaintance told us the only coffee machine that works is in the Orchid, he was right too. You could make better coffee using instant than the bars & Café Vivo serve.

Just had a thought while making coffee....as an insight into what we like/dislike....What coffee do you make at home & how do you make it? We, after much searching, have settled on ''M&S Fairtrade Italian Rich Roast'' bought as beans kept in the fridge & ground as we need them. (anyone who says ''Blue Mountain'' is disqualified on grounds of exteme jealousy!)

I don't intend joining the coffee debate but wish to ask Sue who i usually agree with not to give any kind of advertising to that obnoxiuos chain who acted terribly during 9/11 and other ocassions when asked to help the armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Martin

Why should Costa assist the Government? How does that help their shareholders?

They are a business, not a charity.

I don't use them, by the way, or indeed any of them on a regular basis.

I didn't want to reel off all the different types of cups of coffee you can get, so kept it simple in saying espresso is the only one I don't like.

You misunderstand me. I was suggesting that, for example, Cappuccino is not real coffee but a coffee flavoured drink.

Surely. for the purist, espresso is the only way to drink coffee. That said, IMHO, that coffee from Cafe Vivo is passable at best.

:)

You misunderstand me. I was suggesting that, for example, Cappuccino is not real coffee but a coffee flavoured drink.

I class it as coffee same as latte, if you want to split hairs I guess your right. Espresso only contains coffee where as the rest have different amounts of milk or chocolate as in Mocha.

I class it as coffee same as latte, if you want to split hairs I guess your right. Espresso only contains coffee where as the rest have different amounts of milk or chocolate as in Mocha.

Can't argue with that!

I reckon John that the coffee must have got worse this year then on Arcadia, as you have been on her this year I will bow down to your opinion (BUT NOT FACT:)) Sounds like a bit of pando cost cutting going on, putting less coffee in the cup , and more milk. Thats a shame.

Archived