Juices & teas

Painter

John

You are such a pain at times!

Just because I drink a good quality instant rich roast coffee at home doesn't mean I don't know a decent cup of coffee when in a coffee house or onboard Arcadia. For gods sake I conceded on the cafe Vivo coffee issue earlier in this thread by saying 'OK' perhaps the quality of coffee this year isn't as good as when I was on last year, and pando are cost-cutting, and now you start up again, you really are like a DOG with a bone.... no wonder you get banned from other sites!

Calm down dear, just making conversation...Why say that about leaving things alone? why me why not you? We agreed to disagree about the coffee on Arcadia, but to base your judgement of coffee on instant you have at home is no place to start a discussion about quality. To mention being banned & call me a pain is probably more unpleasant than anything I have said, especially as I have said nothing about yourself. All I have done is warn someone who asked about drinks on board that the coffee you pay for is not good, nowhere as good as say a Costa. You disagreed, which I think misleads people. I then asked what people drank at home as I felt I was in the company of coffee experts, who know more than me, it turns out they drink instant!!

Quite agree, I grind the beans, warm the cafetiere, boil the kettle with FRESH water, let it go just off-boil then that's it! We have given up on the machine for now.

Some people must have a great deal of time on their hands to a)make coffee from scratch and b) criticize others for their coffee habits.

Some people must have a great deal of time on their hands to a)make coffee from scratch and b) criticize others for their coffee habits.

All done whilst the kettle boils, & I didn't criticise peoples habits, others implied..well said.. that I didn't know what I was talking about when I advised that coffee on Arcadia & Artemis was not worth paying for. I have showed that my judgement is based on what I drink at home, they have shown they drink instant coffee.

Everyone's coffee preference may be different. One person may like the ships coffee where another may like instant coffee vs Starbucks.

Making coffee or tea at home may be the ultimate to you but not to someone else.

Please keep in mind there is no right or wrong answer to this question rather it garners individual expressions/opinions.

I don't claim to be a coffee expert, I asked what others did about coffee at home, thinking they must take more care than I do, hoping to learn from those who put the case for the coffee on the ship. I think it is misleading to imply that the coffee in say Café Vivo, is on a par with somewhere like Costa.

True that we are all different in our tastes but I feel that a discussion about the relative merits of different coffees & methods of making them can be undertaken without people getting upset. I didn't have putting a teaspoon of granules in a cup in mind however nice it is....we all drink it after all, but it isn't what I meant.

I don't claim to be a coffee expert, I asked what others did about coffee at home, thinking they must take more care than I do, hoping to learn from those who put the case for the coffee on the ship. I think it is misleading to imply that the coffee in say Café Vivo, is on a par with somewhere like Costa.

True that we are all different in our tastes but I feel that a discussion about the relative merits of different coffees & methods of making them can be undertaken without people getting upset. I didn't have putting a teaspoon of granules in a cup in mind however nice it is....we all drink it after all, but it isn't what I meant.

I still don't understand why if you drink instant coffee at home, it disqualifies you from giving the opinion that you get a nice cup of coffee in Cafe Vivo.

Truthfully I don't mind 8 hour left over coffee in the pot where you can stand a pencil upright in it...what does that make me??

Yikes, I can't believe we're labelling people by the coffee they drink.

what do you thing about the lemonaide they serve onboard a ship?

Archived